SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pig In The Garden! (Today's dinner, pic heavy!)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pig In The Garden! (Today's dinner, pic heavy!) Login/Join 
posted
Cherry-grilled pork sirloin a la reverse sear to medium.
Fire-roasted bell pepper cream sauce (Tammy's great idea!), asparagus sautéed in bacon grease. Amen!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

PC

Posts: 1340 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Looks very good. Will you put up the recipe for the pepper sauce?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Pig In The Garden! (Today's dinner, piG heavy!)

Let me fix that for you Wink

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Looks very good. Will you put up the recipe for the pepper sauce?

Thank you.

Char the peppers, flipping til thoroughly black. Place in container just large enough to hold them, then cover tightly for 15 minutes. The steam will make them very easy to skin. Remove the skin and seeds/core/stem, and rough dice them. Try to retain as much of the juice as possible.

In a medium saucepan over low heat, sweat one diced onion in ample butter until translucent, then add 4 cloves of finely minced garlic towards the end, for another minute or so, stirring. Add 2 cups heavy cream, the peppers, and salt/pepper to taste. I also added a dash of chipotle powder and a little spicy red pepper flake. Warm gently, covered, over low heat, stirring, especially at the bottom of the pan to prevent scalding. You can add parmesan towards the end if you wish, but I didn't this time. It adds a nice flavor, but costs some of the smoothness of the sauce. If you do add parm, go easy on the salt, as some parm is rather salty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Outnumbered,

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Looks outstanding!

Needs protection. Wink

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Looks outstanding!

Needs protection. Wink

Thank you! Does the G26 in my pants count? Almost all the pics, including the plated pic, were taken outside. I wondered what my neighbors might tell the local PD if I jazzed up the photos with a sidearm! Guess I need a nice, high privacy fence!

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Char the peppers, flipping til thoroughly black. Place in container just large enough to hold them, then cover tightly for 15 minutes. The steam will make them very easy to skin. Remove the skin and seeds/core/stem, and rough dice them. Try to retain as much of the juice as possible.

In a medium saucepan over low heat, sweat one diced onion in ample butter until translucent, then add 4 cloves of finely minced garlic towards the end, for another minute or so, stirring. Add 2 cups heavy cream, the peppers, and salt/pepper to taste. I also added a dash of chipotle powder and a little spicy red pepper flake. Warm gently, covered, over low heat, stirring, especially at the bottom of the pan to prevent scalding. You can add parmesan towards the end if you wish, but I didn't this time. It adds a nice flavor, but costs some of the smoothness of the sauce. If you do add parm, go easy on the salt, as some parm is rather salty.

Thanks.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post