SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Asheville NC dining Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asheville NC dining Recommendations Login/Join 
posted
We will be staying just north of Asheville NC during Thanksgiving week and we are looking for some dining recommendations. I'm familiar with the usual online references but I've found them to be less reliable than personal recommendations. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went there a few years ago and really enjoyed Tupelo Honey and the Sierra Nevada Brewery!!!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
White Duck Taco is phenomenal.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7079 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Mountain Madre (upscale Mexican with a huge tequila selection)

Early Girl (breakfast is awesome, try the smoky bacon gravy)

Pizza at Manicomio or Asheville Brewing is great for a quick lunch (try a Ninjabread Man if you go to Asheville Brewing)

Buxton Hall or Luella's for BBQ
I've heard good things about 12 Bones, but we haven't been yet.

Carmel's
We had a great dinner there last year.

If you have time to hit up some breweries. Wicked Weed, Twin Leaf, and New Belgium are my favorites in town. New Belgium is on the river and has a huge deck/green space to hang out and enjoy. Sierra Nevada is about 20 minutes out of Asheville, but worth the trip.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
131 Main has amazing ribs.

Posts: 155 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My BIL and SIL own Postero in Hendersonville, a 40 minute south of Asheville, he’s a fantastic cook and worth the trip. Look em up online. +18285959676 To check the hours.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Buxton Hall BBQ
Red Stag Grill (Pricey)
The Cantina at Biltmore Village

Posts: 674 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Tupelo Honey, for sure.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
12 Bones is a must. River arts district.

https://www.12bones.com/

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
We will be staying just north of Asheville NC during Thanksgiving week and we are looking for some dining recommendations. I'm familiar with the usual online references but I've found them to be less reliable than personal recommendations. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Curate is great -- would recommend.

--K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post