SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ten years on Sig Forum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ten years on Sig Forum Login/Join 
posted
Today is my tenth anniversary on SF. Thanks to Para for maintaining what I consider to be the best of Internet forums. It certainly has to be a great deal of work to make the site what it is. And to all the members of SF:
Thanks for the engagement on a wide variety of subjects. The depth of knowledge and experience here is unequalled. There is also a great deal of compassion (the Turks and Caicos situation, for example) for each other among the members and that alone makes membership here a great experience.
Thanks for ten years!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16363 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Just a baby Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19671 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Yooper!

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
At 10 years you can have a custom user title for the asking.

Posts: 28584 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Thank you Yooper, I always enjoy your posts.

Posts: 371 | Location: RGV Texas | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the milestone, Yooper!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39184 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I understand the term “Yooper“, but it’s likely that many don’t. Perhaps a good time to explain in your own words. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9410 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Ah, you should get your keys to the mustard bar that goes on the EasyAttatch® strap on your official SigForum Unitard.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversayr, Yooper!

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Just a baby Big Grin

Indeed!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8650 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.
Looks like you've been busy here. Razz

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am glad you have stayed around. We need some continuity.

Posts: 5677 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good wishes! And by way of explanation for the term of Yooper:
It refers to a person who is born and raised in Michigans Upper Peninsula, often of Finnish or other Scandinavian ancestry. Full disclosure: I am not a native Yooper, even though I have lived here for nearly 20 years. I hail from Ohio and natives refer to me as a Troll. Because I come from "under the bridge".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16363 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Congrats, glad you're here!

Posts: 9163 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post