SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Understanding the volumes of info on the 2nd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Understanding the volumes of info on the 2nd Login/Join 
posted
When the Heller decision came down I was asked for comment. Upon reading it, I immediately contacted Larry Pratt of GOA. I told him that the decision would allow the anti-2nd community an important avenue to regulate most guns out of existence. He agreed!

The Individual Rights Theory

Posts: 246 | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't quite see the logic in your statement.

Some good info at the link, but I think it is "It’s simply a matter of bait and switch.", not "...bate and switch."

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
And without it? The antis were in the process of regulating all guns out of existence.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
And without it? The antis were in the process of regulating all guns out of existence.

Yup, just can't please some folks.

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In plain English, what is the point of this?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That article...What a convoluted mess of pretentious nonsense that couldn't even be bothered to be proofread.

quote:
The Second Amendment states, “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the Right of the people, to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”. The Constitution recognizes the “Militia of the several States”, and the statutes detail what arms “to keep”, when, how and why to “bear” them.

Uh huh. I'll keep my "individual right," thank you.

quote:
On the other hand the individual right requires nothing of anyone. It imposes no duty, creates no office, and in practice is nothing more than talk. It does not demand that we sacrifice a few weekends a year, or muster when an emergency strikes the community. All that is needed of the individual right is for the populace to complain when emergency services are overwhelmed, and have not saved us from whatever disaster we might face. It is a tool for what America has become; a nation of ignorant whiners who know nothing of the Founders and the tools they past to us so that we might, just might keep ourselves and our progeny free and prosperous.

So to respect the individual rights of the people is to make bad citizens of the community? No, sir, I don't buy that for a second. I don't believe that one necessarily has to do with the other.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years I've heard nothing from the pro-2nd community that would make me believe that they understand the inextricable link the Founders created between Militia and rights.
There has been so much propaganda about the ultimate right to keep and bear arms that few see what is going on right around them; CA, NY, CT, IL, MS, MD, CO, NJ, and almost all of the globe have been disarmed. Out of over 7 billion people, how many still have just a partial right to keep and bear arms as defined in law?

MAINSTREAM

Posts: 246 | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheShootist:
Over the years I've heard nothing from the pro-2nd community that would make me believe that they understand the inextricable link the Founders created between Militia and rights.
There has been so much propaganda about the ultimate right to keep and bear arms that few see what is going on right around them; CA, NY, CT, IL, MS, MD, CO, NJ, and almost all of the globe have been disarmed. Out of over 7 billion people, how many still have just a partial right to keep and bear arms as defined in law?

MAINSTREAM

Your link has the scary words "BIG PHARMA" in it, so that tells me that I can probably ignore what's going on, unless you wanna sell me some pot. Should probably expand on what you're trying to tell us here, assuming you want to actually spread knowledge and not use big words like "inextricable", had to look that one up.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17085 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the 2nd Amendment and the entire Constitution was written so a person with a basic education can read and understand it.

It takes lawyers to make it difficult to understand.

If our Founding Fathers were alive today they'd take up arms and overthrow this foul government we serve today.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post