SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Could you buy a gun with no paperwork at all someday?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could you buy a gun with no paperwork at all someday? Login/Join 
posted
“A recent ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court on New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen could have broader implications than at first appeared. Amid a flurry of lawsuits challenging gun laws across the United States, analysts are now claiming that the top court’s decision could potentially end all gun control laws in the country.

In this live Q&A with Crossroads host Joshua Philipp, we’ll discuss these stories and others, and answer questions from the audience.”

Evidently tomorrow (10/19) at 10:30am Eastern there’s to be an online discussion about this on something called Crossroads. One link appears to be at: https://rumble.com/user/Crossroads_JoshuaPhilipp. Wouldn’t put money on it, but it might be an intriguing discussion.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Could you buy a gun with no paperwork at all someday?"

Why not? We did in the 60's. The only paperwork needed at the hardware store was dollar bills.

Posts: 650 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I can.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
isn't that already true in a wide swath of States. I know it is in mine.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In stages where private party transfer is allowed you certainly can

Posts: 3293 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
And by that time, I betcha you still can't ship it without an FFL.

Posts: 7264 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could you buy a gun with no paperwork at all someday?

"Someday"? We can do it right here right now. Legally. Cool

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe the subject of this thread refers to retail purchases of firearms, not private purchases.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I believe the subject of this thread refers to retail purchases of firearms, not private purchases.

Thank you, that is correct. I’m afraid I failed to make it clear.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
...analysts are now claiming that the top court’s decision could potentially end all gun control laws in the country.

A touch or grandiose hyperbole considering it hasn't even put an end to the laws it was supposed to put an end to. World of make believe chit chat.

Federal judge says banning guns from Time Square is unconstitutional. Same day NYC mayor signs law banning guns in Time Square.

THAT'S your reality. Just like anything else, from smallest petty thief to the President, laws are meaningless to those who don't follow them. Frown

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on where you live. The Commerce Clause, I believe, will be restricted at some point back to original intent. It is currently being used in litigation against California because CA has "quality of life" laws for livestock, and won't ship pork to states who do not. The suit is heading thru the courts as we speak. This is an appropriate use of the ICC. Gun laws, IMHO, are not. I believe each state should have its own laws that, of course, do not infringe as outlined in the Constitution. Once again, IMHO, simply requiring ID showing age should be sufficient.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I could easily see the courts, under authorization by the Second Amendment, allowing the federal government to impose laws restricting the states from imposing restrictions the gun rights of individuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Depends on where you live. The Commerce Clause, I believe, will be restricted at some point back to original intent. It is currently being used in litigation against California because CA has "quality of life" laws for livestock, and won't ship pork to states who do not. The suit is heading thru the courts as we speak. This is an appropriate use of the ICC. Gun laws, IMHO, are not. I believe each state should have its own laws that, of course, do not infringe as outlined in the Constitution. Once again, IMHO, simply requiring ID showing age should be sufficient.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was much younger, even in the less than free state of Maryland, you could purchase face to face from another Maryland resident without paperwork. Every Saturday night, I would go out for the Sunday paper because it had the most ads for guns for sale. (Those ads went away, and so did face to face.)

Early on, when I was just barely able to go to a gun show by myself — I asked a visiting dealer from, I believe, Montana, what you needed to buy a gun there. “You need to be about this tall (gesturing) so you can slide the cash across the counter.”

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post