SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I love the smell of radioactive dirt in the morning...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love the smell of radioactive dirt in the morning... Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Truck carrying radioactive dirt catches fire, closes westbound I-80 in Tooele County

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&s...-80-in-tooele-county

quote:

GRANTSVILLE, Tooele County — A truck carrying radioactive dirt caught fire and forced the closure of westbound I-80 in Tooele County between Lakepoint and Grantsville Thursday morning, according to Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Todd Royce.

The road closed about 7:30 a.m. and westbound traffic is now being forced off at state Route 36 in Lakepoint. The KSL Traffic Center urges commuters to take state Route 138 to Grantsville to get back on I-80.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like the cab, not the contents are burning.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't let facts get in the way of your outrage. Wink

" The container carrying the dirt is still intact and no radiation was exposed, according to Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Todd Royce."

Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Don't let facts get in the way of your outrage. Wink

" The container carrying the dirt is still intact and no radiation was exposed, according to Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Todd Royce."

Razz

Yeah, but where's the fun in that?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Wife’s stepfather was in this hauling business. Briefly. They call it dirty-dirt apparently.

After his drunk son tipped a truck off side of a dirt road they suddenly were no longer hauling.

Genius.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I think they were building that disposal facility toward the end of my time stationed at Hill AFB in the 90’s. I spent a lot of hours out that way at the Utah Test and Training Range.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Faculty is was most certainly going to is EnergySolutions Clive.

Reminds me why I use trucks as little as possible for waste transport, just to get it from site to transload facility, which puts it on trains.

I’ll be sending 82,000+ cubic yards of uranium impacted soil over the next few years from MA to either Clive (UT), a site in TX, or one in ID. Truck to train to truck for all of them.

Fun fact - finely divided uranium (powder or fine particles) is pyrophoric. E.G. spontaneous combustion, a Class D fire that is very hot and difficult to extinguish.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Reminds me why I use trucks as little as possible for waste transport, just to get it from site to transload facility, which puts it on trains.

I’ll be sending 82,000+ cubic yards of uranium impacted soil over the next few years from MA to either Clive (UT), a site in TX, or one in ID. Truck to train to truck for all of them.

Fun fact - finely divided uranium (powder or fine particles) is pyrophoric. E.G. spontaneous combustion, a Class D fire that is very hot and difficult to extinguish.

You and my wife have a lot in common..
Who do you work for if I may ask?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

You and my wife have a lot in common..
Who do you work for if I may ask?

sent you an e-mail.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post