SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pecard Leather Conditioner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pecard Leather Conditioner Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted
This stuff works great, but a quick story of why I used this stuff.....

The end of last fall, we had a nice warm weekend and my brother Eric had a huge bbq for about 70 people.
I was scheduled to go on an all day ride with my motorcycle buddies, so Eric says to bring all them too after we go for a ride.

So we all have a great day, but when I went to leave my leather jacket is gone, nowhere to be found. We knew everyone at the party, and didn't want to think someone walked off with it, but my jacket was still gone.

My wife was pissed because she bought it for me and it was a Harley brand leather and she never said how much but probably $400 if I had to guess.

Anyway, he calls me last week and says "I'm gonna make your day buddy, I found your jacket, but it's a freakin mess!"

He was cleaning out a pile of crap in his shop and fount it behind a storage box. I must have taken it off when we were in there and it fell behind the box.

So I get it back and it's a train wreck. He uses that shop for everything from cutting Sheetrock to grinding metal, and the jacket was a mess covered with all sorts of shit and there must have been water dripping on it at one point.

My wife spent some time cleaning it but it still looked like the leather was just beat.
She said she ordered this Pecard "stuff" online. So today is a snow day, I sat down and rubbed the conditioner into the leather, and I gotta say I'm impressed!

I'll post up a pic later

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
This year I did not put a conditioner on my leather jacket, but I did use a cleaner "protector". It knocked off layers of crap, grimy waxy stuff, probably some automotive wax-type leather "conditioner" I mistakenly tried.

So now it is clean but not very well conditioned.

Let me know how your jacket feels once the conditioner has a chance to soak in and cure/dry?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is what I use on all my Dainese jacket.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
This year I did not put a conditioner on my leather jacket, but I did use a cleaner "protector". It knocked off layers of crap, grimy waxy stuff, probably some automotive wax-type leather "conditioner" I mistakenly tried.

So now it is clean but not very well conditioned.

Let me know how your jacket feels once the conditioner has a chance to soak in and cure/dry?

I let it soak in for 2 days and then took a soft cloth and buffed it.
The greasy feeling is gone and it's got a softer more pliable feel to it. Came out great!

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I just discovered this stuff at a home show and have used it on my shoes already with great success. When I have a little more time, I'm going to hit the car seats.

Goes on super easy by hand and buffs off leaving zero residue (I mean none!) and there's no waiting for it to dry. Works as advertised so far.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have never used the Precard Leather Conditioner , but only the Precard Leather Dressing, and swear by it.

The folks at Garrett Industries/Silent Thinder Holsters suggested it to me, and I use on my holsters, shoes and leather items now.

The good thing about it, it preserves the leather without making the leather lose its stiffness, which is essential for holsters.

I am about to finish up my supply, and wondering if any SF members know a good online source for this leather dressing.

The Precard Dressing looks like, but is nothing like Mink oil, etc. Not greasy.

I am glad you found and restored your jacket!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am about to finish up my supply, and wondering if any SF members know a good online source for this leather dressing.

Duluth Trading and Amazon both carry it.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Got mine on Amazon

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Made with real duck butter. To preserve and protect.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
All of the different Pecard Leather care products are great. I have been using the oil for years.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post