SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any info/alternative on google drive for club wbsite archives???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any info/alternative on google drive for club wbsite archives??? Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Several years ago someone set up our gun club website to include google drive for accessing archived newsletters, minutes, board records and forms etc. The website is weebly. It has been a mess from several different people having their hands in it through the years.
In the last year or so I have taken on the website to better organize and edit pages. So far so good. Making pages and links to documents is now easy

However, the g-drive links, sharing, ownership, editor, member access, restricted access, etc features of the drive are totally a hopeless mess Clusterf,,,,comes to mind.
I have concerns on security, sharing wrongly, and navigation. Seems google grabs files from almost any where making me wonder where did that come from. No clue. There is "my drive", "shared with me" both from different contributors. And the links are different. Some require google sign in, some don't. Members of the club do not all use gmail.
Is there a readable book on g drive?

Starting over with a brand new system seems my best choice.

I end this with HELP!!!

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post