SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I must be doing something right- kid story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I must be doing something right- kid story Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted
My 12yo son and I were driving and came to a stop light where panhandlers were working the corner. He asked me what they were doing. So, I explained that many of them are con men pretending to be needy and asking for help. He asked why, and I told him they would rather lie and cheat us out of our money than work. So, he replied, “ Oh! They’re Democrats!” Well, that deserved a round of fist bumps.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4880 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
That story made me smile. Good on ya and your son.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 721 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm still laughing. Some good parenting there!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Oh my! Yes!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great and timeless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13410 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post