SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Kenai Peninsula members or knowledgeable ones on the area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Kenai Peninsula members or knowledgeable ones on the area? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Looking for some info on the area.

Wanting to know some things about the general area and the communities.

My email is in my profile. Thanks guys and gals.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I do not recommend Portlock.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8540 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL ghost town with sordid history.

Posts: 17296 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I live mid-Kenai Peninsula area. I have an office in Soldotna. My wife and I probably know more than most... I'll shoot an email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks AK, I was hoping you would see this. Thank you.

Edit: Sent you an email AK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Received and replied.

Happy to help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Are you considering moving, vacation, or ‘asking for a friend’?

I had some relatives that lived about 15+ miles out of Kenai, had about 20 acres. I visited them once on site, a few times met in Anchorage. They were mostly retired the 15+ years they lived there.

They dabbled with subsistence living, as a supplement. They were big into growing on the property, freezing & canning, of course had fish for the freezer.

A few years ago age caught up with them, all was sold, back in the lower 48 near relatives.

Posts: 6197 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post