SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sometimes you think you're prepared and find that you're not.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes you think you're prepared and find that you're not. Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
When I was in HS, we had a German foreign exchange student (Doris) live with us. She liked to make fun of her mother, who was a young girl during WW2, because she always carried a spoon with her. When Doris asked her mother why, her mother replied, "because you never know when you will get to eat." That really struck me, even as a high school boy. The older I get, and as the world becomes more uncertain, I remembered that and have eating utensils in the various bags I always have near.

My dad had a friend who was the supposedly the only non college educated licensed architect in the US. He survived the Bataan death march and he was never away from food and always carried some.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Walmart has utensils in the deli section. Usually on the counter

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
From the thread title, I was expecting a crime story. Glad it wasn't.
/QUOTE]

I humbly beg to defer. The crime here was Walmart cheesecake.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2058 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Add to the list: A good old fashioned cork screw

Good point! I'll pick up a couple of those, too. I'm also going to hit up the surplus store this week for a few more P-38/P-51 can openers.

Not only do they open wine bottles which keeps her happy, but you can use them for self defense kind of a French brass knuckle

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
From the thread title, I was expecting a crime story. Glad it wasn't.

I humbly beg to defer. The crime here was Walmart cheesecake.

Hey, man, I admitted already that choices were limited. Razz

- - - -

I did pick up a handful pf P-38 and P-51 can openers this afternoon. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13826 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truck always has spoon, tp, blanket, socks, shoes, poncho, towel, lighter, gas can, phonebook, pen, paper and small roll of duct tape.

Used to take a proper first aid kit outdoors, but eventually figured if 911 is generally handy all you need is duct tape and a towel for most emergency first aid to control bleeding, most everything else can wait.

Posts: 321 | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post