SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Local News Reporter says "No ammunition being manufactured in USA"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local News Reporter says "No ammunition being manufactured in USA" Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
^^I hear that shit's radioactive.

It's ratioactive.

HAR! Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The person who said that is Chris Lockwood, Vice President of Events, New England Events, the PROMOTER of the damned show!!!!!!

What a maroon!"

Mr. Lockwood probably also told the reporter that the gun show was a "packed house" on Saturday. You can clearly see in the video there is only enough standing room for a dozen or so large pachyderms to squeeze in.

Another example of solid in-depth reporting.

Posts: 283 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Who owns Remington and Winchester? Where are they BASED? Who makes CCI, and where are they based? Who owns Federal?

Remington manufactures their ammo in Lonoke, Arkansas. They're owned by Remington Outdoor Company (formerly known as Freedom Group), based in North Carolina.

Winchester manufactures their ammo in Alton, Illinois. They're owned by Olin Corporation, based in Missouri.

CCI manufactures their ammo in Lewiston, Idaho. They're owned by Vista Outdoors Inc., based in Utah.

Federal produces their ammo in Anoka, Minnesota. They're also owned by Vista.

Vista owns Speer and Blazer too, both of which are produced at the CCI plant.

Other big companies like Hornady (Nebraska) and Sig (Arkansas/New Hampshire) also produce ammo in the US. Not to mention the various newer/smaller companies like Black Hills (South Dakota), Freedom Munitions (Idaho), etc.

quote:
When was the last time you ever saw CCI at a gun show? Who knows if they still make ammo since I never see the stuff

CCI does still make ammo, and it's readily available. (Most gun stores and sporting goods stores I've been in have CCI .22 ammo, like Mini-Mags.) The CCI brand is focused on reloading components, rimfire ammo, and handgun shotshell ammo nowadays. Their sister companies of Federal, Speer, and Blazer handle the bigger stuff.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
^^I hear that shit's radioactive.

Only certain lot numbers, and they charge extra for those.

Does that mean that I can get rid of our nightlights?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8140 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Razz Sure, and punch through tank armor!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
What a joke of a news story. Maybe the whole state had a brain freeze from the cold "weathah". And there's no "contact us" on the WABI 5 web page.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who owns Remington and Winchester? Where are they BASED? Who makes CCI, and where are they based? That damned slipshod Anguila is Mexihan. When was the last time you ever saw CCI at a gun show? Who knows if they still make ammo since I never see the stuff (not to worry, I've still got some in the ammo magazine. Who owns Federal? Or is it Feral? Where are they based? Just asking.
Something tells me you are being sarcastic, but on the off chance that is wrong, CCI is made by Speer in Lewiston, ID and they are still cranking out ammunition. Smile

Okay, not made by Speer, owned by the same parent as Speer. Thanks RogueJSK for a more detailed (and accurate, oops) answer!

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent the following to that idiot who made that statement. BTW it wasn't the Reporter, it was Chris Lockwood, Vice President of Events for New England Events. Do a google search for this idiot and you'll find his email address.

Hey Dum Dum, there are ammunitions that are MADE IN THE USA.

To clockwood@binradio.com

Just some addresses for ammunition manufacturers.

Hornady Manufacturing Company
P.OP. Box 1848
Grand Island Nebraska.

Note, Nebraska is a State within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

Buffalo Bore Ammunition
366 Sandy Creek Road
Salmon , ID, 83467

Note, Idaho is a State within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

Winchester Ammunition
600 Powder Mill Rd.
East Alton, IL 62024-1273.

Note, Illinois is a State within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

Federal Cartridge Company
900 Ehlen Drive
Anoka, MN 55303-7503.

Note, Minnesota is a State within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

Remington Ammunition plants
Ilion Firearms Plant 14 Hoefler Avenue Ilion, NY 13357
ROC Custom Center 1310 Industry Road Ilion, NY 13357
Ammunition & Components Plant 2592 Arkansas Hwy 15 N Lonoke, AR 72086
Mayfield Firearms Plant 22 Rifle Trail PO Box 99 Hickory, KY 42051

Note, New York, Arkansas, and Kentucky are all States within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

CCI Ammunition.
2299 Snake River Avenue.
Lewiston, ID 83501.

Note, Idaho is a State within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

Lake City Army Ammunition plant.
Yeah, this is the USA Owned facility responsible for supplying small arm ammunition for the US Armed Forces.
25201 Missouri 78
Independence, MO 64056

Note, Missouri is a State within the lower 48 in the United States of America.

So, when you stated that all ammunition sold in the USA today originates in China, Russia, and Japan you were plain WRONG. While there is Russian ammunition sold in the USA it's cheap budget ammunition that most serious shooters tend to avoid. Because enameled steel case ammunition can lead to clogged chambers and steel jacketed bullets wear barrels out about 3 times faster that bullets jacketed with Bronze Gilding Metal.

BTW, I suspect that there is NO, as in ZERO, ammunition manufactured in Japan. Most likely Japan purchases all of their small arms ammunition from the US Military. I'll also note that I have NEVER EVER seen one single box of Chinese made ammunition at any gun show in the USA. My understanding is that the US Department of State has banned the import of Chinese made ammunition. As to why State allows the import of Russian ammunition just look at how many millions have been donated to the Clinton Foundation.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who makes CCI, and where are they based? Who owns Federal? Or is it Feral? Where are they based? Just asking.

Vista Outdoors based in Farmington, UT owns CCI and Federal, among many other shooting brands like Weaver and RCBS.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received a reply from Mr. Lockwood this AM. His reply was that he stands corrected and will inform the reporter of his misinformation.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Good job on sending him the message. Should have also clued him in that a background check is not required to get into a gun show.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Maybe they are referring to lead smelting?

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7180 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who owns Remington and Winchester? Where are they BASED? Who makes CCI, and where are they based? That damned slipshod Anguila is Mexihan. When was the last time you ever saw CCI at a gun show? Who knows if they still make ammo since I never see the stuff (not to worry, I've still got some in the ammo magazine. Who owns Federal? Or is it Feral? Where are they based? Just asking.

I am pretty sure that all those folks producing millions of rounds of ammo at CCI in Lewiston, ID will be shocked to hear this. And that is not the only CCI plant.

More "fake news"?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The person who said that is Chris Lockwood, Vice President of Events, New England Events, the PROMOTER of the damned show!!!!!!

What a maroon!

This needs repeating!! The damned promoter!!

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post