SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I saw one of these G.M.C. truck's , yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I saw one of these G.M.C. truck's , yesterday Login/Join 
posted
I was waiting on a woman at Costco,
and a guy in a motor chair came around the corner

He clicked a remote and I couldn't believe my eyes.

https://spinalcordinjuryzone.c...modate-special-needs

His was a 1500 series p.u., super cab short bed, 4 x 4 .

I got a pic on my flip phone , but do not know how to get it out

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Slick! Nice custom job for sure.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that has one. It’s awesome. A lot different than the van he drove for years. More suited to his lifestyle, very active. Hell of a boat captain and fish slayer.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super cool. Not to be nitpickey but why is he considered a quad when he's paralyzed from the waist down.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Super cool. Not to be nitpickey but why is he considered a quad when he's paralyzed from the waist down.

the guy that I saw was para,

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Very nice custom job.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on four wheel drives ,they can do one side or the other,not both.
the xfer case is in the way .

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Here in town, I've seen one rig that has a special wheelchair crane mounted in the bed, just behind the cab. Via remote control, the driver activates the crane which lifts the wheelchair above the bed rails and swings it around to place it on the ground just at the driver's door. And the same thing in reverse.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Thanks bendable, that's it. Big Grin

And a link to my thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/5770047394

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

The article says he only regained control of his arms after five months of recovering and body strengthening in the hospital. He did not regain control of his hands or fingers. Five years later, a tendon transfer gave him the ability to pinch and grip with his right thumb.

I’m going to guess that being be able to move your arms, but not have the use of your hands qualifies under a medical definition.

The truck is cool. I’d like one that did that on both sides so I could just take a leaf blower to it.

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

I now work with a girl who is considered a quad and she can actually get up and walk with crutches. You don’t have to have zero limb function to be considered a quad. If your limbs are compromised a certain amount then you are considered a quad.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post