SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whataburger, Wienerschnitzel, McRib, and other strange culinary delights.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whataburger, Wienerschnitzel, McRib, and other strange culinary delights. Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
*** Not a food place ****

Oh man, I missed it. Again.

Last week was the Fall semi annual tour of the Trinity Site where the first atomic bomb was set off.

Public tours are allowed only twice a year, April and October.

I must make some sort of note to remind me to get out there next year.

Trinity Info .

And that reminds me, not a food place, but Albuquerque has the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History. Fascinating place.
Nuclear Museum Link

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Try El Modelos great food but only take-out, or Garcia's kitchen or El Pinto for Mexican food.

Posts: 1663 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Now for Whataburger. I understand there is much to know about this establishment - not so secret secret menus and the like - so I figured I should ask the Forum about it prior to sampling their menu.

Double cheese burger with everything plus jalapenos.

You are welcome.

RMD

This.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Can't think of a better time to be in Albuquerque than this time of year and the annual balloon festival. If this is your first time I'm guessing you guys will have an awesome time and will get some great pics!

Can't go wrong with a McRib...and the one and only time I ate at a Whataburger (CA) I was very impressed with how clean the place was and how friendly the entire staff was (elderly lady that took my order even wished me a Merry Christmas!)...but the burger meal itself was just average, not terrible, not great.

Not on your list, but if you want to try some authentic local cuisine try Sadies . Been there for decades. Most people would call it Mexican food, but they get in a bit of a twist and consider themselves NewMexican food. They are renowned for their Stacked Quesedillas and Margaritas, but plenty of other delicious menu items.

On the chance you make it up to Santa Fe you can't beat grabbing a bite at the Ore House on their deck overlooking The Plaza, for a burger and beer. Doh, after checking it looks like the Ore House moved...then later closed...that's a shame!

Oh well, still a perfect time to be in the Land of Enchantment!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Dion's Pizza. Several locations. Try the Duke City pizza (turkey, cheddar, green chile). I know, it doesn't sound all that great, but I was surprised and that's all I get when I go there.

If you head NW, stop at El Bruno's in Cuba. They have one in ABQ too, but I haven't been. Try the flash-fried spinach.

Finally, the Range Cafe, several locations.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Had a double cheese & jalapeño w/ onion rings.

I was not disappointed!

Thanks, all.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Balloon Fiesta - so very jealous. I was at Kirtland AFB from 2008-11.

You need a breakfast burrito from Golden Pride. They almost certainly have a stand at BF. Another great breakfast place is Weck’s.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post