SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I live in a "Merry Christmas" kind of town.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I live in a "Merry Christmas" kind of town. Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I was running some final errands today, so I can stay in tomorrow and not go out in the crazy.

All I heard from other shoppers, clerks, and random folk out and about was "Merry Christmas".

It was really kind of nice.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Here too. And the Sheriff's department fleet are lettered "In God We Trust" also.

https://www.freep.com/story/ne...livingston/90573406/

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8364 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
We are definitely in a Merry Christmas kind of town. Everyone is smiling and wishing you a Merry Christmas when you are out and about. It's a neat little town.

The One Virginia Town That Looks Like A Gingerbread Village Come To Life

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’ve had numerous people say happy holidays to me this year. I have always replied with merry Christmas. Usually when I say merry Christmas I get a smile out of them. I will say though, that happy holidays was never a problem prior to the PC culture we live in now. When people used to say happy holidays it was just an easy way to say merry Christmas and happy new year in one simple phrase. Nowadays we seem to be getting offended by people saying happy holidays One often times we probably should not

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Frayedends Very much agreed. Everything one says seems to mean something these days..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5496 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My prior home- "Happy Holidays"

My new home- "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

I like it Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Abingdon is a beautiful town at any time of the year. Many years ago, I used to visit that area , especially Damascus, when I did a lot of bike riding on the Creeper Trail.

Marion is another Gingerbread town.

We currently live about 2 miles from Alvarado Station on the Creeper Trail. We have loved it here - we eat at a really nice little place in Damascus called MoJo's pretty often. Abingdon was named the 'best small town food scene' by the Travel Channel, so we have a lot of nice options to choose from.

Alas, we are moving to your neck of the woods! In fact I have been working here since mid November, staying in town during the week and going back to Abingdon on the weekends until we sell our house there.

You'll have to give me the low-down on the area, I've already done some exploring and gotten tips from my new co-workers.

I like to joke that I'm currently living the life of a hipster since I'm renting a 600 square foot studio apartment over a taqueria in the River District Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I too live in such a town. Less than 10,000 residents and totally decorated. Many strollers carrying gifts, caroling in the park. Everyone wishing others Merry Christmas. Pickle Rick

Posts: 2895 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post