SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Xfinity Mobile: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xfinity Mobile: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? Login/Join 
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted
I stopped by Xfinity today to swap out a tv remote and they suggested I consider their mobile service which she said is Verizon. Any of you guys use Xfinity Mobile and if so, would you recommend it to others?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm not positive, but I think it's the same (or similar) deal as Spectrum mobile.

My wife and I have been using Spectrum mobile for a while, we are very satisfied with it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31446 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I'm switching to them in January. I can unlock my iPhone in January from Total Wireless, and then switch. Reviews online look positive.

$45 a month looks to get you basically unlimited data on Verizon towers. Or if you barely use any data, you can choose the 1 gb data plan and your cell phone will be $12 a month.

And you can switch as many times as you want in the month, back and forth, from the $45 unlimited plan to the pay by the gig plan, so if you wont use the data, you can get the cheaper phone plan.

My monthly high speed internet bill is $9.95 a month through Comcast Xfinity. Add in my phone bill, which will likely be $12 a month, and Comcast is giving me high speed internet, and cell phone service, for $22 a month. Thats a deal.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
My monthly high speed internet bill is $9.95 a month
That looks like a heck of a deal!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31446 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
My Comcast internet is also 10.22 a month and my TV is 10.22. I'm an employee. I switched to Xfinity mobile before I became an employee and I remain happy with the service and the cost. We don't get a price break in mobile. It's a great deal.

Posts: 4099 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
My wife’s phone has been xfinity for more than a year. I have been with them since December. It’s Verizon towers. It works great. Our bill is extremely low. I moved out if the xfinity network, so it’s $20 per phone, per month since I don’t have internet. That said, it’s great and even with $40 a month in connection fees, it’s so much more affordable than Verizon.

I highly recommend xfinity mobile.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I really like it. I switched from Sprint. Reception is much better and I am saving over $100.00 per month. My monthly Xfinity bill has been $16.94 every month since I switched.

Posts: 6737 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback...looks like it won't work for me because we have 6 lines. The thing is, the rep knew we have 6 lines and the cap is 5 lines. I guess she expected me to drop a line.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I switched for two or three months. I had CONSTANT issues getting my service switched and up and running with them. Customer service sucked. Yeah, it was cheaper... but I ended up going back to Verizon.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7077 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post