SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    44 years ago today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

44 years ago today Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Mrs. PHPaul signed a legally binding agreement to put up with me. I'm beginning to suspect this arrangement may work out.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15301 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That is wonderful,congratulations to you two.

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the impressive milestone! Here’s to a New Year and another 44 for you & the little Misses.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Well congrats to both of you. Not many people around who have been married to the same person that long. My dads got 55 years of marriage under his belt but it’s to four different women. 31 years ago today I went on the first date with my wife, we are currently at 28 years of marriage but my goal is at least 50 before I croak.

Posts: 4145 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. After 44 years, I will bet that you have that woman right were she wants you. Wink

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Our 43rd was a week ago.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m glad you’re both happy with the arrangementWink

Posts: 13826 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ragman:
Congratulations. After 44 years, I will bet that you have that woman right were she wants you. Wink

Pretty much, yeah. Smile

Posts: 15301 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
All I can say is Mrs. Phpaul must be an amazing woman!
Congratulations..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6352 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

The good/bad of having chosen New Year's Eve to get hitched on, is that a) well-done on selecting an easy date to remember, but b) you'd have a tough time finding excuses, if the anniversary ever did slip your mind. Wink

Posts: 15050 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, wishing you both many more healthy and happy years together.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1939 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
All I can say is Mrs. Phpaul must be an amazing woman!
Congratulations..

Ain't that the truth? Razz

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Congratulations!

The good/bad of having chosen New Year's Eve to get hitched on, is that a) well-done on selecting an easy date to remember, but b) you'd have a tough time finding excuses, if the anniversary ever did slip your mind. Wink

One of the many things I love about this woman. She doesn't get all hung up on dates and gifts and such. A simple "Happy Anniversary, Dear" works for both of us.

She will get a little pissy if the kids don't acknowledge it tho. Youngest just sent me a text, so she's good to go...

That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Another reason you are one of my internet heroes- or in this case- Mrs. PHPaul is, I suppose.

Congratulations to you and many more!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2114 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38783 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary !!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
That is indeed impressive, some true old school values.

Posts: 3856 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to both of you for many, many more.

Posts: 2477 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on 44 great years.

Mrs. mcrimm and I passed 44 last May so we're about even. We got married while I was still in the Navy with freedom on the horizon.

I'll race you to 50!

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4244 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you both! Hope you’re together for another 44!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post