SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went into Frys today and was shocked!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went into Frys today and was shocked! Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Why do people stop for the door checker?

I do, as a matter of courtesy, as they are employees of the store just doing their job. In the 2 seconds it takes for them to look at my receipt is not worth getting all hostile over. It's merely for show anyway. You don't really expect a 70 year door checker to chase anybody out into the parking lot. Smile

Pretty much my stance. It's not worth my time to possibly get into some escalated shit show like V-Tail did.

As far as treating me like a thief, I couldn't give two shits about how a big box store feels about me, whether they feel like I'm a thief or a saint.

I'm just there to acquire an item. If it is more efficient to get it somewhere else, I will.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Why do people stop for the door checker?
I do, as a matter of courtesy, as they are employees of the store just doing their job. In the 2 seconds it takes for them to look at my receipt is not worth getting all hostile over. It's merely for show anyway. You don't really expect a 70 year door checker to chase anybody out into the parking lot. Smile
I have no problem with the checker person, but the idea that the store puts an employee there for that purpose annoys me. I guess that the reason it bothers me is that the store's attitude seems to be, "You are assumed to be a shoplifter until you prove that you are innocent."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30672 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They check your receipt to stop theft, which in turn, stops prices from rising due to theft. Not a big fan of it either but if stops a bunch of dirtbag POS thieves then I’m all for it. Check my damn receipt so I can be on my way. They didn’t start doing this to annoy customers. They started doing it because too many dirt bags steal shit and they want to keep prices down. Blame the thievery in the world for this practice.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember buying a HDD there 10 years ago or so and returning it, unopened, the next day with a receipt. They opened the package, thereby destroying any value, just to see if the HDD was still there. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post