SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This sucks - didn't know Charlie Murphy was sick...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This sucks - didn't know Charlie Murphy was sick... Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I got a real kick out of him. RIP Charlie.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-cul...hy-s-brother-n745686

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The bit where he and his brother were dealing with Rick James messing up their couch was great. That must have been 14 or so years ago.

I'll look for the complete bit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Sad news... Frown

Another one of his funniest bits was his story about playing Basketball with Prince.

RIP Charlie Murphy!
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/69939048">Charlie Murphy - Prince</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/xsusanwebx">Neo Suki</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3917 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The bit where he and his brother were dealing with Rick James messing up their couch was great. That must have been 14 or so years ago.

"I'M RICK JAMES, BITCHES!"

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Darkness!!!! Oh no....

Thats really sad.

RIP Charlie...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Shirts and Blouses"...RIP Charlie

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Same here. Sad to see.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I just saw this. He was the second best part of Chapelle show behind Dave himself.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
RIP Darkness

Frown

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Time H8ters, RIP sir.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

RIP.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

"He aint no Nino Brown." Big Grin

Frown

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I had no idea. Very sad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had no clue he was ill either. Saw him do stand up in person a few years ago, he had a gift at telling stories. One of the better shows I've been too without a doubt.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy was really very funny. Sad to hear about it.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that didn't know that Eddie had a brother named Charlie?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Am I the only one that didn't know that Eddie had a brother named Charlie?

No, I had no idea.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
What is interesting about Charlie is that he was also a Navy Veteran.

Charlie enlisted in the United States Navy in 1978 and served for six years as a Boiler Technician. In 1983, shortly before being discharged from the Navy, he witnessed a mushroom cloud over Beirut. He later learned that it was the aftermath of the Beirut barracks bombing in which 307 people were killed.

Our sympathies to the Murphy family.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Sad news... Frown

Another one of his funniest bits was his story about playing Basketball with Prince.

RIP Charlie Murphy!

One of the funniest moments ever from Chapelle's Show. I remember seeing an interview with Price years ago where he was asked about it and said, "Yeah, that's pretty much what happened."

Posts: 2476 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post