SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Trump to visit Chicago
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Trump to visit Chicago Login/Join 
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted
It's been a very long summer and fall and I've been been away for quite some time. As the major events wind down, I find myself staring at a possible nightmare situation. As most of you can gather, President Trump is not a fan of Chicago and is on his way. Of course it will be our responsibility to keep everyone safe, but with the teacher's strike and this visit, I fear the powder keg of emotions that is about to explode.

I haven't had a day off now in the last 12+ days and with the city cancelling all time off for tactical and foot teams, I'm a bit burned out. To make matters more fun, we are the default standby team for President Trump's visit. This will be a Monday for all Mondays if shit hits the fan. Only two more years to go, and I'm done.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2515 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Stay safe. I pray everyone keeps their emotions in check and there are no major incidents.

Posts: 1377 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Stay safe & good luck! May at least the majority of the loonies stay home.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Interesting how Johnson is boycotting Trump's speech at the IACP event being held in his own city and which he is supposedly hosting. Poor decision. Fanning the flames.

Stay safe!

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Interesting how Johnson is boycotting Trump's speech at the IACP event being held in his own city and which he is supposedly hosting. Poor decision. Fanning the flames.

Stay safe!

Same with Lightfoot.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best.
I and many other Chicagoan's respect and support your efforts.

Posts: 4687 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's just gonna have a little drinkie and take a nap instead. {sound of car horn blaring continuously}

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s entirely possible that Trump showing up in Chicago, whereas Barry the Red studiously ignored his home town stomping grounds, might just end up being a good thing to the law abiding citizens of the city.

Wouldn’t it be great if against all expectations to the contrary, the President is warmly and respectively received? Especially if he comes bearing news of support to help with the out of control crime and murder rate? I have yet to see a place where Trump holds rallies (including blue states) where he doesn’t pack the house like a rock star.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
He's just gonna have a little drinkie and take a nap instead. {sound of car horn blaring continuously}

Ha! The sign did say stop and at least he did do that. Since he's skipping the speech, I'm sure he'll be in his office working diligently on his investigation of himself. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

One little drinky-winky never hurt anybody Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
It’s entirely possible that Trump showing up in Chicago, whereas Barry the Red studiously ignored his home town stomping grounds, might just end up being a good thing to the law abiding citizens of the city.

Wouldn’t it be great if against all expectations to the contrary, the President is warmly and respectively received? Especially if he comes bearing news of support to help with the out of control crime and murder rate? I have yet to see a place where Trump holds rallies (including blue states) where he doesn’t pack the house like a rock star.

Ain't gonna happen.

President Trump is going to be in town, so is the Chiefs of Police conference.

The teachers strike is going until at least Tuesday.
Those half-wit assclowns have already started their bullshit "if we don't get what we want, shut it down" and attempted to shut down Lake Shore Dr.
Shockingly, blm assholes are with them, antifa his here as well.

I know Chicago is a big place, with a lot of people. What do you think the chances are that these groups meet up somewhere?

(At least I'm on vacation. Klusk, my brother, I feel do ya! You need anything, you know how to get ahold of me!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

Ain't gonna happen.

Those half-wit assclowns have already started their bullshit "if we don't get what we want, shut it down" and attempted to shut down Lake Shore Dr.

I know Chicago is a big place, with a lot of people. What do you think the chances are that these groups meet up somewhere?

(At least I'm on vacation. Klusk, my brother, I feel do ya! You need anything, you know how to get ahold of me!)

You bet Wink How's life in 008? I'm betting that it' not too bad. Enjoy that furlough, mine is in another week.

As for President Trump, the USSS is doing their thing and will no doubt bring us in the loop for Monday. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they raise the bridges Big Grin

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2515 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Ocho" ain't a half bad place.
The Commander and I have been friends since H.S.
The Captain and I have been friends since he was at Eastern and I was in the Corps.
All the Lt's on 3rd Watch are great.
A bunch of good Sgts that are knowledgeable and always willing to help out or answer questions.

And most importantly- a great group of Coppers that are still willing to do Police Work!

Yeah, we have a few knuckle heads, but that's everywhere. We actually just lost one of our newer and better officers to 018. Klaudia. Not hard to miss the 6ft Polish Woman Wink Good kid, and wants to do the job. We're going to miss here.

I got a few calls from my buddies in the USSS. They're pulling their hair out on this one. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with a few of them before they leave.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE!
(It's gonna be a shit-show)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interested to hear how it all goes today - once you've had a chance to recuperate from the craziness. Smile

Posts: 5026 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

Ain't gonna happen.

The funny thing is the IACP and FOP usually endorse the most left candidate out there, despite the wishes of their membership. The KY FOP endorsed Obama-ite Lil' Andy Beshear, and the membership is at full mutiny. We've raised hell and the state leadership tries to claim that he is the "most law enforcement friendly" candidate, despite his years as KY AG where he did nothing besides sue the governor. Confused

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Former FOP Lodge President, what Jones said is dead on. The national FOP is completely out of step with the membership.
And the IACP? A big reason why crappy Chiefs go from from department to department. A good 'ol boy network.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I can hear the hand wringing from here

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
It's over now and all went extremely smooth. Protestor turnout was at best 3k and they were contained just like the NATO assholes. I did hear that the President had some very choice words for "Da Supe", which I plan to seek out shortly. Our team was the Breach Team in case we were needed, and my partner and I were assigned to a USSS Agent for the sniper guys. It was actually pretty cool and saw a few guys that I haven't seen in a few years. Other than lack of sleep and time off, it was a smooth day. I'm enjoying an ice cold beer atm, and with just one more day to go until vacation, I'm relaxing just a little bit.

The Working Police.....

posted Hide Post
Kevin, are you on tac ?

Posts: 5787 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Kevin, are you on tac ?

Yes, I know, I know..... I actually have a good team and good sergeant though. After this year, I'll be making a different move, I just need to see how some things play out.

The Working Police.....