SIGforum
The IRS Is About to Go Beast Mode The Schumer-Manchin bill has $45.6 billion to audit the middle class.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2620068394

August 05, 2022, 12:28 PM
Ackks
The IRS Is About to Go Beast Mode The Schumer-Manchin bill has $45.6 billion to audit the middle class.
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

Of course. Was there any doubt this would happen?

None. They just had to find her price.
August 05, 2022, 12:34 PM
stoic-one
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Soooo ~1128 rounds per weapon, I mean, who doesn't have a case or two of ammo per weapon. Razz

I'm not a particular fan of the IRS, but 1000 rounds per IRS-CI agent is actually pretty light. At my shop we burn through 500 per agent per year just on mandatory quarterly/annual qualification requirements, and that's strictly qualification... no actual training. Training consumption is variable, but usually comes close to another 500. And no, we aren't the cool kids. Add in the possibility that they're buying for multiple years (because when the perpetual Continuing Resolutions only fund you at 75% from quarter-to-quarter, you're out of pretty much everything except salaries) and the outrage by Congress is sensationalism and nothing else.

Wanna have a separate discussion about whether the IRS should exist at all, I'm all for it, but cheap-assing the tiny minority who pursue the legit criminal aspects of tax fraud is short-sighted.
I think you totally missed my point.
Before my most unfortunate boating "accident", if I would have had 1k+ rounds/firearm, my house foundation would have collapsed. Wink

And NO, I don't want to have that conversation... Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
August 06, 2022, 06:42 AM
DennisM
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Sinema caved tonight.

Politics as usual, they made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

I wonder where the carrot and the stick were inserted, respectively. Confused

quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:

and the outrage by Congress is sensationalism and nothing else.
*Horseshit*

quote:
Wanna have a separate discussion about whether the IRS should exist at all, I'm all for it, but cheap-assing the tiny minority who pursue the legit criminal aspects of tax fraud is short-sighted.

'Cheap-assing the armed agents' with only 725,000 rounds in 2022 alone Roll Eyes isn't really the point.

Yeah, those simple mathematics are really horseshit. 725000 rounds divided by 2500 CI agents equals fewer than 400 rounds per agent per year. Quarterly quals for them eat up 240 per year (assuming they shoot precisely one course of fire) and the remaining 40 per quarter gives them zero room for error, actual training, or the possibility that next year's funding bill won't allow for purchases.

But don't let that get in the way of a good outrage-and-posturing session.
August 06, 2022, 08:47 AM
egregore
It would do a lot more good to have those extra agents in the INS* instead of the IRS.

*Yes, I know it is no longer called that.
August 06, 2022, 10:34 AM
ZSMICHAEL
Now we no longer have carried interest tax we have a stock buyback tax. This will hurt 401k folks. Thanks Sinema.
August 06, 2022, 10:50 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
I think you totally missed my point.
Before my most unfortunate boating "accident", if I would have had 1k+ rounds/firearm, my house foundation would have collapsed. Wink

And NO, I don't want to have that conversation... Razz

The answer to that is to buy a house with a concrete foundation like I did.

I consider 1K rounds/firearm a good start
August 06, 2022, 02:53 PM
Il Cattivo
I know it looks bleak, but keep hammering your legislators. The Dems don't have much time, and there's still plenty of opportunities for Senate weasels to offer amendments. The right "wrong" amendment could still knock this out.
August 07, 2022, 03:18 AM
KevinCW
quote:
quote:
An official report says that at the end of 2017, the tax agency had 4,487 guns and 5,062,006 rounds of ammunition in its weapons inventory.
Soooo ~1128 rounds per weapon, I mean, who doesn't have a case or two of ammo per weapon. Razz

Officers at my dept are issued 1 box of 50 rounds per month for our handgun (practice ammo) for a total of 600 rounds. We shoot between 400 and 600 rounds additional on qualification days issued on the day of.

Officers with patrol rifles are issued 3 20 round boxes a month of practice ammo (720 rounds) and shoot approx 100 rounds on annual qualification.

So that is 1820 to 2020 per officer per year, NOT including any optional classes each one volunteers to take.

That doesn't seem out of line to me.

Also, we change out our duty ammo once a year, 50 rounds of JHP for the pistol, and 100 rounds of JHP for the rifle each year.

So add 150 to those above numbers.

That's at least 2k rounds per officer, per year.

Seems like those guys ARE NOT training enough.... Cause we aren't with the above round counts.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
August 07, 2022, 02:47 PM
Plugugly
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Officers at my dept are issued 1 box of 50 rounds per month for our handgun (practice ammo) for a total of 600 rounds. We shoot between 400 and 600 rounds additional on qualification days issued on the day of.

Officers with patrol rifles are issued 3 20 round boxes a month of practice ammo (720 rounds) and shoot approx 100 rounds on annual qualification.

So that is 1820 to 2020 per officer per year, NOT including any optional classes each one volunteers to take.

That doesn't seem out of line to me.

Also, we change out our duty ammo once a year, 50 rounds of JHP for the pistol, and 100 rounds of JHP for the rifle each year.

So add 150 to those above numbers.

That's at least 2k rounds per officer, per year.

Seems like those guys ARE NOT training enough.... Cause we aren't with the above round counts.

I had to buy my own ammo. And guns. And duty gear. And body armor. And just barely missed out on having to buy my own patrol car. I envy your agency's budget.
August 07, 2022, 03:05 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
So, will they go after Al Sharpton and all the other tax dodging Democrats as well? I’m not so certain they will

Hell no of course not. They are the shirts and we are the skins, as they already stole our shirts. Thus you'll never see Al Shitton shirtless.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
August 07, 2022, 03:10 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I know we haven't been audited nor do I know anyone who has been.

Hi, I'm Flash and I've been audited (once). Now you can say you sort of know someone who's been audited.

They said I owed around $16K because of unreported Capital Gains. I represented myself and did an Amended Return showing a much larger amount of Capital losses.

I ended up not owing anything and I got a credit of around $3,500.00/year for 5 years on my taxes.

That's pretty damn impressive right there. You must have skills, like Accounting or num chuck skills.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
August 07, 2022, 03:24 PM
tigereye313
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I know it looks bleak, but keep hammering your legislators. The Dems don't have much time, and there's still plenty of opportunities for Senate weasels to offer amendments. The right "wrong" amendment could still knock this out.

51-50.

August 07, 2022, 03:25 PM
SIGnified
Mad

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
August 07, 2022, 03:32 PM
oldbill123
If the alphabet agencies used local law enforcement then they would not need ammo
August 07, 2022, 03:36 PM
tigereye313
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Mad

Turns out Manchin and Sinema are Dems after all...

August 07, 2022, 04:21 PM
chellim1
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Mad

Turns out Manchin and Sinema are Dems after all...

Not much different than Romney and Murkowski... Roll Eyes
Nothing good will come of this Schumer-Manchin spend-a-rama.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
August 07, 2022, 04:27 PM
SIGnified
If we’re gonna have a depression, let’s get it on.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
August 07, 2022, 04:28 PM
tigereye313
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Not much different than Romney and Murkowski... Roll Eyes
Nothing good will come of this Schumer-Manchin spend-a-rama.

Yeah, and Collins.

August 07, 2022, 09:50 PM
heydrich
I would like to take the opportunity to tell, biden, schumer and the rest of them as well as the IRS to go and get f**ked!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.
August 07, 2022, 09:50 PM
heydrich
quote:
Originally posted by heydrich:
I would like to take the opportunity to tell, biden, schumer and the rest of them as well as the IRS to go and get f**ked!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.