SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Get old, slow down, and retire. Uh, I don't think so.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get old, slow down, and retire. Uh, I don't think so. Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
Apparently someone forgot to tell John Force (74 years old) that he needs to do these things. Then again, Force would probably tell them to get [blanked]. Smile The guy is simply amazing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
His daughters are probably responsible!

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
He is THE man. When reaction time is so important, and I can relate ( we’re about the same age), he continues to win. I remember an interview where he said that after each run he went to his trailer and practiced his response speed.

I’ve always loved drag racing. I used to go to Great Lakes Dragaway as a kid. The gassers, fuel dragsters, Pro Stock etc were all exciting to watch. Grand Spaulding Dodge, Don Garlits, Cha-Cha (Shirley Muldowny) Nickey Chevrolet and on and on.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Union Grove/ Great Lakes Dragway was the place to be when I was a Teen.
I have many fond memories of hot summer nights, the smell of Nitro Methane, burning rubber, and pit food, and the ROAR of a Nitro fueled dragsters or Funny cars.Lots of FUN. I do remember that it was expensive, with a pit pass, even back in the late 60's and 70's, but always worth the price.

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Good thing it's only 1/8 mile. Otherwise, the old guys would need a nap after running 1/4 mile. Big Grin

Posts: 4013 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Good thing it's only 1/8 mile. Otherwise, the old guys would need a nap after running 1/4 mile. Big Grin

I thought they were running 1000 feet.
Could have changed, I don't follow it like I used to.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I liked the PSA John Force did for school zones.

(35 means 35)

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In the late 1960s I was attending MSIE classes at USC and living in Torrance, CA. Used to go to the Lions Drag Strip in Orange Co. for the fuel car drags. Loved the sound and the flames!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, I would so love to hear Force's response to that comment. Big Grin

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent a lot of time in the pits at Kil Kare when I was a teenager. Now I am mostly deaf. Worth it!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Met him once, that man is one of the most incredible humans I’ve ever been around. Blazingly quick mind, true multi tasker, totally at ease, absolutely gracious. There are very few people like him.

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Hope to see him in person at the Virginia Nationals. To think that his daughters also excel at this sport.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5059 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
quote:

I thought they were running 1000 feet.
Could have changed, I don't follow it like I used to.

You, Sir, are correct!! It takes a "smig" over 3 secs @ 336 +/- MPH!!

Posts: 6630 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post