SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally got one (Mini Excavator)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got one (Mini Excavator) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
It has been a long drawn out process that has finally concluded.
Lots of twists and turns including recently almost getting scammed for $30k. Thanks for the help of my SF friends for preventing that disaster.

A rental company that was with in a few hundred miles of me listed one on CL about a month ago. A Kubota KX033. Has a 24" bucket, hyd. thumb, 4 way blade, newer tracks. It was more $ than I wanted to spend, but they were willing to negotiate some.
Nice family owned business in a smaller, but growing community.
The unit has a few bump and brusies but is mechanically sound and functions 100%. They bought new and have maintained it well. No cab, just Rops, which is fine. Has about 1600hrs which is low. A 2019 model. So all in all this is a sweet set up and will do what I need.

I rented a 14000lb trailer and used the 2002 dodge 2500 diesel to tow it. Was close to a 12000lb tow. The truck handled it but would not of wanted to tow any more. It was a load.

I am going to need to upgrade my trailer to be able to move it, whoops Big Grin

Thanks to you all for your help, advice and especially your investigative intuition on the jerk that tried to scam me.

You guys are an amazing crew. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Nice. Was the rental trailer a gooseneck? If not, putting the hitch-point over the rear axle makes a big difference as far towing stability. The tail doesn’t wag the dog so much.

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Pics. Pics are an essential part of the SF process.

Waiver Section B107(L)-mq(iii)~Z1

Damnit man, how did you miss that!

Congratulations! Smile

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I love equipment like that. If I had the funds, I’d have a mini ex, a skid steer, a bobtail dumper, a tractor and a commercial grade trailer. That’s when the fun begins Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Pics?

We want a video !!!!!

Congratulations to you.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Pics?

We want a video !!!!!

Congratulations to you.

This, I want to see some holes being dug!!!

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
As an example, PHPaul has provided a template.

Template

Notice there are pics. Do that. Big Grin Cool

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I just came here for the pics...

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a (seemingly) nice rig! I’ll second the gooseneck trailer. It makes a world of difference.

Video please…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Pics. Pics are an essential part of the SF process.

Waiver Section B107(L)-mq(iii)~Z1

Damnit man, how did you miss that!
Smile

^^^^
Yes. Completely unforgivable for someone who has been a member as long as he has! Big Grin

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Pics

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I will get a few pix this weekend and maybe someone will post for me. I don't have a hosting site.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks guys. I will get a few pix this weekend and maybe someone will post for me. I don't have a hosting site.

postimages.org will do it. Then copy and paste the link into the 3rd icon from the right. Good luck.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Someone had to do it....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
It’s the weekend, the peeps are getting restless for those pics.

And, once we’ve all had our fill of pics and vids of your wanton destruction with your new beast, it’ll be time to schedule the first annual ORC Dig and Shoot competition at your place. I recommend early June. Wink

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
You made the right move buying that machine. It will serve you well.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That is very cool. Now you'll be looking for opportunities to dig. Besides bona fide projects, that's also a bona fide purpose. Ha ! Congrats.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
You made the right move buying that machine. It will serve you well.

Thanks S, you did steer me in that direction. Wink

Thanks guys.

Will try to take some pix tomorrow.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first.

I need a trench dug out to the barn to put a water line in. You free next weekend? Smile

Congrats on the conclusion of a successful hunt

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
You do not know how much I would love to do that for you Brad. Free of charge of course. I mean that. If only i could snap my fingers and be there with the machine. Smile