SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Copper compression sleeves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copper compression sleeves Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tried those copper compression sleeves? I'm curious if it has some benefits or if its pure snake oil? My knee has very little cartilage and lacks stability. Recently its been getting to the point where sitting in the car sucks at times.

Posts: 3106 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"My knee has very little cartilage and lacks stability."

That needs correct evaluation and corrective action(s).

Money better spent on seeing the correct medical practice.

Copper bracelets and other such things do nothing, the exception to a compression sleeve is the act of compression, copper externally does nothing. Copper in nutrient form does help promote health to connective tissue, but that is good diet.

I have lifelong connective tissue issues and chronic pain.
(and one of those things that does not get better with age)

So, when I say "I feel your pain", i truly do.

Hope you find relief you need. Smile

If heat provides relief to your knee, spend the "copper squeezer money" on a heating wrap that you can plug into a vehicle cigarette lighter.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
My dad had both knees replaced. Said he wished he’d done it 10 years earlier.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3291 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Those copper sleeves are snake oil. Like was stated earlier, you need to see a Dr.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Any benefit you get from such a device would come from the compression/stabilization itself (assuming this is an appropriate treatment for your problem to start with). The fact that it contains copper is irrelevant. You could do the same thing, probably cheaper, with an ace bandage.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool, I appreciate the help as always.

Posts: 3106 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I use these on both knees on leg days at the gym.

https://www.academy.com/shop/p...epChildCatid=5640017

You might look at the higher level knee supports.

https://www.academy.com/shop/p...#repChildCatid=33980

These would only be for immediate support until you can find out what is going on.

But like others have mentioned. You need to see your PCP and get referred out to a good ortho surgeon and get an MRI on your knee. The three major joints that are extremely serious are shoulder, hip and knee. It's not anything you want to just leave alone as the longer you wait to have it checked out the more serious it can become.

Best of luck.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12931 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Has anyone tried those copper compression sleeves? I'm curious if it has some benefits or if its pure snake oil? My knee has very little cartilage and lacks stability. Recently its been getting to the point where sitting in the car sucks at times.

What you need to do is take collagen.

https://www.healthline.com/nut...en-benefits#section6

I use Dr Axe multi-collagen:

https://store.draxe.com/collec...cts/collagen-protein

Posts: 11892 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My knee has very little cartilage and lacks stability."

That needs correct evaluation and corrective action(s).

Money better spent on seeing the correct medical practice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Orthopedic surgeon to evaluate. Braces may help short term, but would not wear one without evaluation. Braces can make the situation worse. Many options short of total knee replacement. Good luck to you.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/306437.php

The mind can be almost as powerful as ‘real’ medicine.

Posts: 6389 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Copper is snake oil. Taking collagen is also snake oil.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Snake oil of the purest kind.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Quality Compression stockings need to be fitted by a certified fitter. you need to be measured correctly for an effective fit.
Sigvaris and Jobst are premium products. Juzo Thera firm are in the second tier.
I wear them regularly, but I know the sizes I need by brand name. The reps are all too happy to get me their product as samples.
The "As seen on TV" cooper products should be avoided.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post