SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just wanted to give a BIG Shoutout to Malkoff Devices (flashlights)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just wanted to give a BIG Shoutout to Malkoff Devices (flashlights) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I realize most folks could care less about lights and I also realize that even if you do care about having a decent light there art hundreds of wonderful offerings for not a huge amount of money.

That said Malkoff makes some of the most robust, well made, bomb proof lights I have ever seen. Their products make Surefires look delicate by comparison. They are not inexpensive but they are not, in my opinion, overpriced in anyway and frankly are a good value IMO for the workmanship etc. the only production lights I have experienced that come close to the robustness and build quality are ElZetta products. Good lights but that’s not why I am here.

The lights are made in the U.S.A and run by two of the most responsive, wonderful folks I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Gene has answered every question I have had quickly and honestly. I recently ran into an issue completely outside of Malkoff’s control or sphere of influence yet Cathy replied to me almost immediately and offered to take care of me.

The point is they make an exemplary product, they are extremely knowledgeable and responsive and they seem like good people to boot. So if you are looking for a light do yourself a favor and give them a look. I promise you you are getting more product then your dollar and you are sending a few bucks to some good folks.

Anyway as always take care and shoot safe,
Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm a fan of Malkoff, have a couple Surefire heads and did a serious upgrade to a D cell Maglight!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My next light will be from these people.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve converted 5 or 6 maglites. I love malkoff.

The funny thing is that not only are the lights crazy bright now but the battery life is better.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amusing story. About a year and a half ago my 21 year old nephew started dating a girl from Enterprise, AL. I have been around her 20-25 times. Nice girl, never knew her last name until this last November. You guessed it, Malkoff. I have never met her parents but they did a good job raising her.

Side note: My nephew wanted an AR for Christmas. His dad built one for him, I contributed a Surefire light for it. I told her not to hate me, I did not know who she was when I bought it...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I converted a old Surefire M3 that I bought in the early 2000"s. I had that light put away for years. Not anymore. They truly make great stuff.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herkdriver...

Is he still dating her?

Maybe you could lead a group buy? Big Grin

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Herkdriver...

Is he still dating her?

Maybe you could lead a group buy? Big Grin

He is. Maybe if it moves beyond the dating stage. She might not be happy with me right now... Smile

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I contacted them years ago and had a replacement lens/lamp for my police flashlight..before streamlight went LED

Love my light. I made sure to swap them out when I had to retire. The lens is in a streamlight now next to my bed.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I have four of them. Love em.

Gene and Cathy are good people.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few of their products and they are top notch.

Bombproof and flawless with a definite run time at stated lumens. Gene knows his stuff and Cathy is the best.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Malkoff

Looks like they are a very in demand light. Looked at their small sizes and all sold out.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I won one at a match down in Enterprise. The guy I was shooting with ask me what I had won, I replied some cheap Chinese flashlight. The match director was sitting next to me and he said "Why don't you ask this guy. He made it." It was a Malkoff and "this guy" was Gene Malkoff.

Converted from that day forward.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all led conversions from surefire and others i got from malkoff have been excellent. stand up company.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Love their drop in LEDs. They brought new life to a couple of old incandescent SureFires of mine. Terrific folks.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post