SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LinkedIn for Veterans - Free Premium Career Subscription and Eligibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LinkedIn for Veterans - Free Premium Career Subscription and Eligibility Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Okay folks, I just saw this in my LinkedIn feed, it is a REALLY good deal. What they are offering is easily worth a few hundred dollars.

I consider myself pretty damn good with LinkedIn; if you have any problems/questions ask them here or send me a PM.

There is no reason not to take advantage of this offer.

https://www.linkedin.com/help/...-eligibility?lang=en

As part of our commitment to help veterans connect with available jobs across America, LinkedIn offers U.S. veterans a free one-year Premium Careers subscription.

To be eligible for this offer, you must meet all of the following requirements:

Be a current or former U.S. military service member (non-US military are not eligible).
Have not used the LinkedIn veteran promotion previously (1 promotion per service member).
You must not be a current LinkedIn Premium subscriber (if you are paying for Premium now or are currently on a 30-day free trial, you must cancel your subscription and let it lapse before you apply for this offer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good deal. Is there any benefit to getting the premium service if I'm not looking for a job right now? I still have another four years before I'm eligible for retirement.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
That's a good deal. Is there any benefit to getting the premium service if I'm not looking for a job right now? I still have another four years before I'm eligible for retirement.

In your case you might have more access to contacts outside of your circle; otherwise probably not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I signed up.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:

In your case you might have more access to contacts outside of your circle; otherwise probably not.

Premium users gets a flag visible to recruiters. You also get to send 3 inmail messages. Inmail messages allow you to send messages to someone who is not connected with you.
You also get visibility to salary range and the skills rating you have for each job posting. Like you have 7 of the 8 skills and which skill you're lacking.

I would wait until you get out hoping they still have the offer available. Otherwise, why wastete a free year. It's about $20 a month.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thought I would add.

My Premium access was granted as of yesterday...significantly more access to members I am not Linked with; also now have In Mails too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
One bump before I take this off of my ‘favorites’.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I signed up and got my 1 year pre-paid subscription! I already had a military verification ID log in and it worked without any issues.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post