SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Do You Guys Use For Color Printing (Business Cards & Similar)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Do You Guys Use For Color Printing (Business Cards & Similar) Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
I've been using Gotprint for years without issue, but for some reason they've decided that printing something blue is a problem.

Looking for alternatives.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Vista Print

Posts: 3555 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Vista

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5068 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The last time i had business cards printed, I went with Elite Flyers.

Posts: 45388 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vista. They even put my photos on my business cards.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16123 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
You need to strongly consider having a qr code on your card. Or a v1ce card.

Total GameChanger.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
You need to strongly consider having a qr code on your card.

I do, even though most that will be getting these wouldn't know the first thing about what to do with it. Big Grin

I had a professional design my materials with a blue background. Last year Gotprint printed business cards and other materials without issue. This year I had them print them from the same file, and they showed up purple. Actually an entire assortment of shades between the blue and purple, but mostly purple.

They say the problem is the color in the file, and they would reprint them but wouldn't guarantee they wouldn't be purple again. I don't see how that could be the issue since they turned out nice and blue last year.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Vista but they're not the quickest unless you pay for their expedited service.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Update.

Gotprint offered me a partial refund or a free reprint. Even though the color was not an issue for them last year on any of the products we ordered, it was an issue this year. They would not offer the free reprint on a new file that included the "corrected color" to prevent the purple issue, and insisted that they could only reprint the original file and that they would not guarantee the color on the final product.

Made no sense to me. Your product did not match the proof, nor did it match what you previously provided using the same files. Why would you not accept the new file which would correct your issue and make your customer happy?

I told them that if I was getting a refund they would refund the entire amount and I'd take my business elsewhere. They choose that over the reprint.

Thanks for the Vista suggestions. They're currently working on two orders for me.

www.zykansafe.com