SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Universe knows when you have a dollar...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Universe knows when you have a dollar... Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
A long time ago I was out walking the dogs with a great friend and we were generally venting about events in our respective days. At some point the conversation turned to things going sour financially. She looked at me and said, "the Universe knows when you have a dollar... and it will do its darnedest to take it from you." We've joked a lot about it since, but there's no doubt it's true.

Last month brought some good news, and a net savings to the household of $300 a month. Sweet! I did the responsible thing and modified my direct deposit to divert those dollars directly to savings. I smiled and thought, "I'm on the right path!"

This week brings the benefits open enrollment paperwork. Guess what happens next month? My health insurance cost goes up almost $225. Grrr.

"Thanks, Universe! Roll Eyes Ya fargin' bastige."

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I hear you, brother. Let me know when you’re ready to cash in the No.1 in 270 Win. Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’d look at it as a net positive. You have enough left over for a Happy Meal.

Posts: 11015 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I hear you, brother. Let me know when you’re ready to cash in the No.1 in 270 Win. Smile

I'm going to go hang a paper tag on it, with your name, just in case. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I’d look at it as a net positive. You have enough left over for a Happy Meal.

I suppose that could even be called a bonus -- because a Happy Meal just doesn't sound too appetizing. Big Grin

Maybe I could go get ice cream instead... Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

Maybe I could go get ice cream instead... Smile

As long as you don’t want a half gallon, you should be good to go. Shrinkflation. Big Grin

Posts: 11015 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post