SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gaston Glock has passed away
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gaston Glock has passed away Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Sad day in the firearm world. Quite a legacy.

https://us.glock.com/en

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
94 wow he had a long and good run.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad day for the gun world.

But 94? Yeah, a nice long run!

A big THANKS to Mr Glock for building a "better mousetrap"!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Impossible

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this will bring change. Conversely I hope it doesn’t bring a downward spiral in quality chasing change.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Like John Browning, Mr Glock revolutionized the firearm industry. May he rest in peace.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Who’s going to babysit the “You’ll buy a Glock” thread now?!

RIP to a legend.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting life for a curtain rod maker.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Frown

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Mr. Glock. You've had a long and very impactful life.

While we joke about the 'Glock 1911' and 'Glock carbine', I do wonder if the company will now choose to take more chances and/or expand their offerings into other markets with their future products.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the honor of having dinner with him along with four others back in the late 1980's when I was attending a Glock Instructors Class in Smyrna. A memory that will live with me forever. Rest in Peace

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
May he rest in peace and condolences for his family and friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gaston Glock for all you've done. It's not an understatement to say the Glock revolutionized the handgun world.
RIP Gaston Glock

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace.

Invent guns, live long time.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes a very sad day for the firearms community. He was a genius and I consider him to be the equal of JMB.

I hope the company continues on the same path and doesn’t start doing silly things.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I just saw this.

One of the most influential men in the firearms industry.

His legacy will live on forever./

R.I.P. Mr. Glock. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is for you, Gaston

[George C. Scott] Glock!! You magnificent bastard!! [/George C. Scott]

You have to watch to the end. The pistol still ran after all was said and done.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Despite the low(er) cost of the Palmetto State Armory copy, I think we should trust our Glocks!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Glock. Frown

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Did anyone happen to ask him why he chose the weird grip angle before it was too late ? I guess now we'll never know.

I'm not a Glock shooter myself but if I needed a pistol guaranteed to run in any type of difficult environment, it would have to be a Glock no doubt.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8689 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post