SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CPD launches investigation after officer gives Hulk Hogan ride
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPD launches investigation after officer gives Hulk Hogan ride Login/Join 
posted
Video included. OK poor judgement. But come on FULL INVESTIGATION. I guess some cop is gonna be walking for awhile. Here is the story:

CHICAGO — The Chicago Police Department launched an internal investigation for an incident involving an officer and wrestler Hulk Hogan.

On August 2, Hulk Hogan posted a Facebook live video of a ride he got on the O’Hare International Airport tarmac.

In the video, sirens are heard blazing. The conversation suggested Hogan was getting preferential treatment to avoid crowds and that the officer’s sergeant approved of the ride.

A CPD spokesperson said the officer won’t be allowed to drive on the tarmac anymore and that Supt. Eddie Johnson was furious about the video.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2019/08/10/c...ves-hulk-hogan-ride/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
BFD.....they need to get a life!! Think of the little hulk-o-maniacs

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's easier than arresting armed gangbangers, so...

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^this exactly ^^^^^^^^^^

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Strange.........the CPD HAD to take and pick up Rahm's adult children to and from the Chicago Lollapalooza. No investigation on that.

Oh, the CPD is still required to post a security detail (on duty officers pulled from district) at Rahm's home........and no one is there.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Strange.........the CPD HAD to take and pick up Rahm's adult children to and from the Chicago Lollapalooza. No investigation on that.

This just shows the typical misuse by public officials. The ride for Hogan? Should have passed on the lights and sirens; wouldn’t even have made the news.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, the CPD is still required to post a security detail (on duty officers pulled from district) at Rahm's home........and no one is there

That figures. Does Burke still have his police detail? I grew up in Chicago. I remember the original Richard J. Daley, Fast Eddie and Rosty. Those guys were something else. I am glad they picked up Hulk. Thought it was good publicity for the department. Picking up someone other than a ward boss.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Real criminals are dangerous

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I recall reading a story that police slowed Ringo Starr to drive their squad car at the Indy 500 on the track Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Real criminals are dangerous

And that's why that officer bid / made his phone-call to work at the airport, and not some south or west side shithole.

You want to do dumb stuff, go do dumb stuff. But accept the consequences when it goes south. Posting it on facebook live? that's plain stupid.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Oh, the CPD is still required to post a security detail (on duty officers pulled from district) at Rahm's home........and no one is there

That figures. Does Burke still have his police detail? I grew up in Chicago. I remember the original Richard J. Daley, Fast Eddie and Rosty. Those guys were something else. I am glad they picked up Hulk. Thought it was good publicity for the department. Picking up someone other than a ward boss.

Yup, Burke still has his detail. So does Rahm, the FORMER mayor.
and yeah, they picked his kid up from lollapalloza, or at least from Mercy Hospital after he OD' on who knows what a few years ago.

I'd have to make a phone call or two, but I think (I'm not 100%, I'm about 50%) Shortshanks Daley still has a guy or two driving him around as well.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Hulk just wanted to avoid catching a ride with his son, Nick. Can't say I blame him.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16340 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Was it Officer Benny Bigtime?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Hogan has always been a big supporter of Law Enforcement and youth programs. Cops who know about him will give him royal treatment. I am sure he feels terrible that the officer got in trouble over this. Much to do about nothing.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post