SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fl students who begged gov’t to take their rights away, now angry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fl students who begged gov’t to take their rights away, now angry Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
While I want to take a moment and enjoy the delicious irony of this, I do want to be the bigger person and fight for these kids and show them the error of their ways.

This policy won’t help make our schools safer. It’s rediculous. A shooter can hide a gun in a variety of places. Where will the kids in band keep their instruments? See my point? What about the gunman who just walks in with a gun?

This is all so dumb. We need to help these kids get real school safety all while showing them that trampling on rights just to feel safe isn’t the answer. I doubt they’ll get it, but they are still children in need of help and real school safety.

Actually, this is exactly the lesson these children need.

You give up your rights to the gov't, the gov't gets to do what it wants: clear backpacks, metal detectors, cavity searches, the whole sha-bang-a-bang.

Bill Ruger went to the politicians asking for a ban on magazines over 15 rounds. The politicians gave us all a 10 round limit.

Now these kids get to learn exactly what more government means.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
While I want to take a moment and enjoy the delicious irony of this, I do want to be the bigger person and fight for these kids and show them the error of their ways.

This policy won’t help make our schools safer. It’s rediculous. A shooter can hide a gun in a variety of places. Where will the kids in band keep their instruments? See my point? What about the gunman who just walks in with a gun?

This is all so dumb. We need to help these kids get real school safety all while showing them that trampling on rights just to feel safe isn’t the answer. I doubt they’ll get it, but they are still children in need of help and real school safety.

As I've read many times on this forum, stupid should hurt.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Only in a nation where its education system has been so thoroughly destroyed can such asinine shit happen.

How many generations have we, as a nation been controlled by teacher's unions and incredibly stupid politicraPs can this happen.

Where does the US place on the international list of schools? I seem to recall that we come in around THIRTY!!!

+1 on this ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indianapolis public schools is floating an increase in taxes for nearly one Billion dollars. Was gonna be in May but pushed off to November

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
“I’m not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person’s actions?”

Funny how this only applies to them.....

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2196 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
"It's ok to take away everyone's rights but mine."

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1868 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what those poster children for family planning failed to realize is that you don't have a RIGHT to wear a backpack

of any sort

nor do you have a right to a cellphone or a car

'education' has made these kids stupid

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
'education' has made these kids stupid

Which is my point in threads where everybody tells us how important college degrees are.

12 years of "education" simply isn't enough. We need four more years of "education on steroids" to finish the process.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post