SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Pentagon appointee says it's "insane" for civilians to own semi-automatic weapons...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Pentagon appointee says it's "insane" for civilians to own semi-automatic weapons... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
retired Air Force colonel

and

quote:
The Air Force said Monday it failed to enter Kelley’s conviction for choking and kicking his wife and striking his young stepson hard enough to fracture his skill into a federal database. It could have prevented him from purchasing the firearm he used in Sunday’s massacre.

Classic case of deflecting blame....That, and he's a professor so he's likely a very far left liberal loon.

It's as if, someone crawled into my head and posted my thoughts.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do these guys come from?

Like the USAFA Commandant who castigated the ENTIRE Corps before the results of the investigation were complete.

How about you just shut your BIG YAPPER???

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He doesn't have an opinion as a gov't employee. Do what you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it with you damn mouth shut.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
OK. So where do we go to advise our dear President on our feelings?
I hear he's on Twitter. Unfortunately (in this case), I am not.

flashguy

I think you can "google" whitehouse and get a link to send emails to the white house.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
See, some limitations aren't offensive at all. Back to guns. I'm kind of against heavy artillery being in the hands of ordinary fools.

I guess it all depends on how you define heavy artillery. If by heavy artillery you mean 16” battleship guns, I can agree with that. If you mean .308, I have a real problem with that. Given the Left’s creeping incrementalism, I suspect that the best answer is, “Just say no.”

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm mostly ok with limitations on explosives, because they are dangerous as stored, not just as used. However, there should be some level of generally available explosives, or a relatively simple permit process to own up to modest quantities of dynamite stick powered stuff.

I can think of a few ways to self manufacture explosives. And with stuff you can buy in most reasonably equipped drug stores!

We had a kid in my high school that made some nitro-glycerine in chemistry class. I had 2 uncles in construction, one of them doing a crushed gravel job for the forest service.

He used fertilizer+diesel fuel with a 1/4 stick of dynamite to detonate it. Like that truck load of the same stuff that blew up that office building in some city. (don't remember which one, but AIR, the asshole was executed.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
I'm mostly ok with limitations on explosives, because they are dangerous as stored, not just as used. However, there should be some level of generally available explosives, or a relatively simple permit process to own up to modest quantities of dynamite stick powered stuff.

I can think of a few ways to self manufacture explosives. And with stuff you can buy in most reasonably equipped drug stores!

We had a kid in my high school that made some nitro-glycerine in chemistry class. I had 2 uncles in construction, one of them doing a crushed gravel job for the forest service.

He used fertilizer+diesel fuel with a 1/4 stick of dynamite to detonate it. Like that truck load of the same stuff that blew up that office building in some city. (don't remember which one, but AIR, the asshole was executed.

T.M., the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. ANFO or Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil used to be a pretty powerful explosive. I believe that there have been changes made to the Ammonium Nitrate one can buy as a fertilizer that makes it less useful for this approach to explosives. I believe the changes were a direct result of the OK City bombing.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Where do these guys come from?

Like the USAFA Commandant who castigated the ENTIRE Corps before the results of the investigation were complete.

The higher in rank you get, the more liberal and anti-gun folks you find (generally speaking).

As to the race incident, all USAFA ever cared about was killing the negative press attention, which Silveria’s comments accomplished. USAF brass always assumes their subordinates have the brains of fungi and the ethics of Congressmen. Par for the course.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

That would be anfo

Oklahoma city, OK - murrah federal bldg.

the incredible POS Timothy McVeigh

1995 with 168 men, women and children killed.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post