SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kaspersky vs. NSA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kaspersky vs. NSA Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
Given what I know of both, I'm inclined to believe Kaspersky on this (maybe not about the "quickly deleted them" part, but certainly about the inadvertent acquisition).

It's not that I trust a Russian cybersecurity firm, mind you, but I believe they're probably better than the NSA at what they do and I have no doubt that there are enough NSA employees who were absent the day they taught OPSEC to let this happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/20...ly-deleted-them.html

Thoughts/Comments?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16310 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I considered getting Kaspersky a few years ago, but thought it strange I would trust my personal computer security to a russian cybersecurity program. Hey Ivan, can you believe this, we have the Americans paying us for this and are willingly putting it on their computers. No evidence, just me.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
How is it the US Governmnet has such terrible policies on removable data storage, working from home, approved software etc? It’s like they don’t just wear clown shoes, they wear the entire outfit.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Name a cyber security company/agency/organization that you can trust. It falls into the necessary evil category, I think.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't trust either any more than Ft. Meade itself would fit into my pocket.

No one from Country A ought to trust CyberSecurity from Country B, anyway.

And no one ought to trust an organization as nebulous, large, and powerful as the NSA.

Both are textbook examples of exactly the sorts of folks one should be highly skeptical of.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post