SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help identifying a spider
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help identifying a spider Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Giant Crab Spider? (AKA Golden Huntsman Spider)

https://spiderid.com/picture/3715/

Posts: 774 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
Giant Crab Spider?

https://spiderid.com/picture/3715/

Which is actually a Huntsman; giant crab is a nickname.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15617 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s a kindling spider because that tent and the general area is going UP IN FLAMES, probably along with all my camping gear because there is no friggin way I am communing with nature with those bastards dropping by for a spot of tea. I am sure you would be able to see the firestorm as surely CNN or Fox would cover it. GAHHHHB I hate spiders/Scorpions!!!! Snakes, no problem, spiders……..I never liked that tent or camping area much anyway. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
Boris? Wink

LOVE IT! Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12139 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted May 10, 2022 05:25 AM
You guys are disappointing me. Where is the SF attention to detail?

Everyone knows that there are 18 screen holes per inch on regulation tent netting!

(All mathematicians are destined, at the end of their lives, to be reduced to their lowest terms!)

Posts: 1627 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
My friend was out camping in central AZ, near a river. This spider was found in the tent. Does anyone know what it is?

photo url

IN the tent ?!?! Hell no… bring on the fire.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:
posted May 10, 2022 05:25 AM

Everyone knows that there are 18 screen holes per inch on regulation tent netting!

(All mathematicians are destined, at the end of their lives, to be reduced to their lowest terms!)
Actually, I did not know that about tent screens, so "everyone" obviously doesn't know it.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Hello all!

Thank you for your replies. I have definitely had a laugh from a few of them. I will link my friend to this thread. Again, thanks for the insight.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
but did we actually, positively identify the spider, or just the screen count?

Posts: 53226 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Ipso facto, this spider is big enough to cover the palm of the average human being.

Soooo... what you're saying is,

quote:
Originally from sigmonkey:
gia-fukkin-normous!!!

Right? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I am required by mechanical engineering policy MEP 12.3-A7 to use extensive and overly complex terms to say what normal people do with a few syllables.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5061 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Charlotte.

****SPOLIER ALERT!****

The spider dies.

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I am required by mechanical engineering policy MEP 12.3-A7 to use extensive and overly complex terms to say what normal people do with a few syllables.

A7?! Crap! We're only on A6 over here!

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post