SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Driver Arrested After Running Over Three Protesters At St. Louis Transgender Rally
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driver Arrested After Running Over Three Protesters At St. Louis Transgender Rally Login/Join 
posted
Driver arrested Mad I guess they should have allowed the mob to drag them out and beat them to death. Too much to copy and paste.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...is-transgender-rally

According to the police, as demonstrators marched in the intersection of Manchester Avenue and Sarah Street, a driver of a black Mercedes approached, stopped and honked his horn as he tried to drive around the protesters. "The protesters surrounded the vehicle and began striking it with their hands and a flag pole. Several protesters also kicked and jumped on top of the vehicle," police said.

As the driver drove away, he hit three protesters who refused medical attention on the scene, police said. Police said officers attempted to stop driver of vehicle who initially refused to stop. The driver was subsequently taken into custody.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police said officers attempted to stop driver of vehicle who initially refused to stop. The driver was subsequently taken into custody.

It doesn't appear he was arrested for escaping the attack. He was arrested for not stopping for the police.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Dash cam, dash cam, dash cam.

No reason at all not to have one these days.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20117 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob

Yup, I just ordered a new one to replace the flaky budget one I got last year. It'll go into the truck.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Rob

I keep thinking I should get one. Are there any good ones out there that can be hardwired to the ignition and just "be there" all the time?

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

-Rob

I keep thinking I should get one. Are there any good ones out there that can be hardwired to the ignition and just "be there" all the time?

Absolutely. In fact, many, if not most, have to be hard-wired, since battery life for constant recording would kind of suck in such a small package.

I have this cam from Falcon Zero:

https://www.falconzero.com/col...ard-included-full-hd

If you want it to be live 24/7 (it has an anti-battery drain feature), you can order the bundle with their "24-ON" kit. Otherwise, it still has an impact sensor of sorts that will activate it if someone slams into you in a parking lot, for example.

Looks like they're also offering free 2d day air right now. So... $104 for the bundle w/ the discount shipped fast.

The 24-ON kit requires professional installation, unless you're familiar with hard-wiring your own automotive accessories. Otherwise, it will plug into your 12V socket.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an article I read, it said the driver did not pull over "initially" after the cops tried to stop them. I don't blame the driver for not wanting to stop near the crowd. Our leaders in the community are failing us and not allowing the cops to do their job. The cops should have come to the rescue of that driver instead of the driver having to protect themselves. How many of us would feel comfortable pulling over in a large crowd with the police there doing nothing,seeing you and poss. you family, in harm's way but again doing nothing? That is what started this to begin with. Insanity at it's best.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just bought a Thinkware F800 for the newest work truck. It is wired to both constant and ignition power sources so that it knows when the vehicle is running and parked. It records in both modes and does a few other tricks that I haven't messed with too much yet.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just purchased this one a few weeks ago for $50 to replace my other one that crapped out on me. So far I love it. For $50 you can't go wrong.

YI 2.7" Screen Full HD 1080P60 165 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera, Car DVR Vehicle Dash Cam with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C...p_apap_Ey74nb2dWq4c6

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
In an article I read, it said the driver did not pull over "initially" after the cops tried to stop them. I don't blame the driver for not wanting to stop near the crowd. Our leaders in the community are failing us and not allowing the cops to do their job. The cops should have come to the rescue of that driver instead of the driver having to protect themselves. How many of us would feel comfortable pulling over in a large crowd with the police there doing nothing,seeing you and poss. you family, in harm's way but again doing nothing? That is what started this to begin with. Insanity at it's best.

I would also want a little distance from the mob before I stopped,and it might have prevented the mob from assaulting Police Officers who would investigate the driver and vehicle. No mention of any protesters who assaulted the vehicle being arrested.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They were protesting the shooting??? what morons.

quote:
ST. LOUIS • Police said an officer shot and killed a man who had stabbed an officer inside an apartment Tuesday morning.

Officers went to the two-family flat in the 5200 block of Ridge Avenue, east of Union Boulevard in the Academy neighborhood, about 8 a.m. after getting two calls about a stabbing, O’Toole said.

Officers arrived to find a stabbing victim, 30, who had severe lacerations to his face, arms and torso. He told police the name of the person who stabbed him, and he said the suspect was in the apartment next door.

When officers tried to arrest the suspect, also 30, the suspect stabbed one of the officers with a large kitchen knife, police said.

“The suspect flourished a knife and slashed at the officers, slicing the one officer on the arm,” O’Toole said.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Driver Arrested After Running Over Three Protesters

If the driver had run "over" them, they probably would have gone for some medical attention.

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Protesters

Why are they always called protesters?
When do they become rioters, looters, and thugs?
If you are a protester you probably shouldn't be beating on cars and throwing yourself on the hood....

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24130 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

At least they kept the drum safe. A good protest requires a drum.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How will this be spun by the Fake News Industrial Complex?

The possibility of being caught in a mob, although extremely unlikely here, makes me wish for a big ugly pickup truck instead of my little car. It will push them aside instead of flinging them up on the hood, and will be too heavy for a mob to lift and overturn. If enough people get on just one corner and get a driving wheel off the ground, you're stopped in your tracks.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Very true. I drive a 4wd Yukon, so I think a slow steady push with very little speed would get me to safety without being perceived as "ramming". They aren't picking both ends off the ground when they are being pushed, even at a couple MPH.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I hope he managed to get the car washed quickly as blood can do real damage to the paint job

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So he dropped a tranny?

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Rob

I have been resisting getting them for our cars, but it really looks like they are becoming indispensable.

A couple of years ago the wife gets into a fender bender. She says the other driver cut in front of her; the other driver says it's the wife's fault. The officer who arrived told the wife privately that she agreed with her, but there was nothing she could do. A dash cam would have been helpful that day.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6416 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post