SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Costco giant ball drop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costco giant ball drop Login/Join 
posted
Costco delivered the wrong washer and dryer,
The delivery people refused to haul it back with them.

Three calls and four months later the correct w/d were delivered but still have not picked up the wrong units.

I suggested actually going in too the store and making half of a scene.

But he neighbor lady can't imagine such plan ,she'd die of embarrassment.

($2,250.00 worth of L.G. )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Costco delivered the wrong washer and dryer,
The delivery people refused to haul it back with them.

Three calls and four months later the correct w/d were delivered but still have not picked up the wrong units.

I suggested actually going in too the store and making half of a scene.

But he neighbor lady can't imagine such plan ,she'd die of embarrassment.

($2,250.00 worth of L.G. )

Tell them they have one week to pick up. If not picked up at that time, sell them on Craigslist for $1500.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4026 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Charge storage fees … $$$

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Did they charge you for both sets? If not put the wrong one up for sale.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the law says they are yours. You have made every reasonable attempt to return them and they apparently don't want them back. Keep them, sell them, or do with them whatever you like.

Posts: 20117 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
In the several Costcos that I have frequented, their customer service as been excellent. But, not os much over the telephone. I would bet that if you went into the store, they'd help you out very quickly.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’d go talk to a store manager.

0:01

Posts: 4212 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
You will probably have the best luck contacting your local stores general manager over phone. Tell her to explain that the online delivery people have burdened her with unwanted heavy items she can’t move herself.

Posts: 9971 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like it’s not his problem but someone else’s that he is just relating to the group.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I posted in another service related issue, make sure to list-out the problems you had with them, make sure to include names, dates and times and address it to the store manager. Keep it simple, use bullet-points; may also find out who the district/regional manager is also. As a member, they should be moving mountains to make things right but, sometimes there's some 'lost in translation' issue between various segments of the business. I thought Costco did their own deliveries, perhaps they contract out for certain items and the level of service isn't up to snuff.

Who knows, maybe they've had issues in this area in the past and your experience is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Now that is a hell of a karma. Very generous.

Thanks for the chance.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was a New Years Eve thread. OOps

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact local store manager, if they aren't interested then toss them on Craigslist.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post