SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wanting "stuff" because it's a great bargain .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanting "stuff" because it's a great bargain . Login/Join 
posted
The neighbor will sell me a Chrysler stow and go mini van at a pretty great price.

It would be a

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54669 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
My wife loves her 2018 Pacifica S model.

At this stage in life we don't use the stow and go seats much, but they ARE nice. For now we just use the tubs where the seats stow to for extra storage. One side has jumper cables and a first aide kit and a small battery air compressor...

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
All the stuff I want are not bargains.

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
What year? Some are better than others. I prefer a pre-2012 one (still had the bulletproof 3.3/3.8 pushrod engine), provided it isn't a rust bucket. And do you have a need, or even any use, for it?

A glimmer of an idea has been flitting through my head lately, to have a minivan as at least an extra ride. With the back seats removed you can carry a surprising amount of stuff (provided you don't get in a crash). A friend has a 1997 Voyager and he says a 4x8 plywood sheet can fit in it. One or two people can sleep in the back for camping on the cheap.

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Beware of the bad tranny

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Guns, ammo, and associated accoutrements are very tempting sometimes…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15607 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wanting stuff simply due to great bargains is not an affliction from which I suffer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Beware of the bad tranny

That's good advice in a lot of big cities.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12785 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I bought two 12 packs of Voodoo Ranger IPA today because it was for sale at a great price!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38695 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
One of my stolen catch phrases is CAN’T AFFORD NOT TO BUY IT!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matter how good a deal it is i wouldn't buy it unless I needed it or if I could turn a quick profit otherwise your just throwing away money.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, don't do that.

I recognize that growing up poor has influenced some of my behavior into adulthood. For example, I compulsively maintain everything in like-new condition, generally use things quite lightly, and only ever use an item well within its design envelope to minimize wear.

But, one of the habits I had to unlearn from my mother was buying things that were on sale simply because it was on sale. One of the things that's best helped me kick this habit is online shopping and lists. If at any point in the day I come across a situation where I think, "Oh, I need XYZ", then I will immediately put it on a list or drop one into an online shopping cart. When I'm bored, I go back and refine my lists and shopping carts, throwing out items I've decided I don't really need, or picking out specific models/examples of ones I want. If something on my list pops up on a sale (or later becomes an immediate need), THEN I pull the trigger and buy it.

The exception is food. Cook and eat around what's on sale, rather than forcing your shopping around a list of regular priced items.

Posts: 13050 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
All the stuff I want are not bargains.
Same here. That has probably been my best financial decision as well. I have a couple expensive hobbies but I spend next to zero on things I don’t need.

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig P290 in 380 because it seemed a terrific bargain. 199.99 at Field and Streams Black Friday event and that DA trigger felt wonderful, every bit as smooth as my S&W model 67. Unfortunately the ejection is so weak that the only way to get thru a magazine without it jamming is to shoot it gangsta style with the ejection port facing the floor. BTW I have reload dies for the 380 and compressing a full case of 3N37 did nothing to improve the ejection. One of these days I just may put the slide into a milling machine and make it an open top slide, that may make it light enough to eject properly. However my experience with this pistol has led me to conclude that the 380 is just too darned weak. Even with an over the top load the recoil for this pistol was darned close a 22LR.

It's a bit of shame it didn't work out, at the time the 380 was very cheap to reload, 90 grain plated bullets were something like 39.95 per thousand and powder cost was near nothing, IRRC it cost roughly 11 cents a round to reload and would have been great for practicing DA shooting. Note at the time my carry gun was a 40 caliber P239 with a DA/SA trigger so shooting well with the DA first shot was important.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5659 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news
Those watching over me,
Made me wait and a neighbor three doors down bought it

My old LeSaber is fine , just fine

After all of the weighing out of the pro's and cons,
It would have been a very illogical choice.

Posts: 54669 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was an "05" inexpensive model.
62,000 miles, not a speck of rust.
2nd owner , had it for 15 years
$1,300.00 worth of shocks and struts and misc. New parts.

Always Mobile one oil.
Always garaged.

Iowa vehicle.
It would have been nice to sit 6 inches higher up than the LeSaber.

Would have gotten the same 22 m.p.g.
But!
Bonnie has a 2020 that she drives.
Which I can use any time I want for the three times a year I need to haul something.

I drove it for six miles .
Two others warned me about rust and transmission concerns.

I liked it better than Bonnie's, because it didn't have the giant center console.
There was a space between the center console box and the dash board.

I only have one garage door so I would have had to sell the Le Saber or leave it set out in the weather.

There have been nine catalytic converters stolen here in tiny town in ten months.
So I'd have been concerned about that.

Just wasn't meant to be.
Oh well
Lots of very good tread on 25 month old tires.

Price was $3,000.00

Sort of glad it got sold.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Price was $3,000.00

I would have bought it and sold it quickly

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Price was $3,000.00
Ah, well, that's something altogether different.

If you're of the mind and disposition to acquire stuff at great bargains and flip it for profit: By all means: Have at it.

I don't like selling stuff so I don't do that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Price was $3,000.00

Turns out that my cousins mini van is dying fast.

If I had known he was in need, I'd have purchased it and sold it to him for $800.00

He and his wife are in the top five of generous, accommodating, kind and nice people.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...."How can I save you any money if you don't buy THIS today!!???".............

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post