Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stuck at MIA Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Flew in for my brother's birthday, half our group got here (from IAH & PHX)
Other half was en route from DEN & got rerouted to Tampa after orbiting MIA a few times due to weather.

Everything is booked in one of their group (car, house) so we're stuck.

Looked into Uber &/or rental car, and Eek at the cost either way, around $200-250 to get to the house in Ft Lauderdale.

Just venting.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the shit I go through.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
So you are MIA in MIA.

While in the pool with my duaghter when she was 2 or 3, she looks up and asks, "Daddy, where's that plane going?" I replied, "Looks like Miami." She follows up with, "Where is your Ami?"

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Pretty much, 5 hours at baggage claim, waiting for the rest of our group.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Traveling, other than by car, is very stressful for me until I can get to what my mind can consider as a base camp.

I hope your travel plans get straightened out soon.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Sounds like the shit I go through.

Yep...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
All together & in the huge rental van. At least we're on the move.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

And you are still sober enough you can still type. I spent two hours at MIA on a night that saw weather delays, and by the end of the first twenty minutes I was ready to start drinking. Heavily.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

And you are still sober enough you can still type. I spent two hours at MIA on a night that saw weather delays, and by the end of the first twenty minutes I was ready to start drinking. Heavily.

Oh, we were ready & willing, but there's nothing once you leave the 'secure' area.

Plenty was consumed once we got to the house.