SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sotomayor's Body Guard's Shooting Raising Eyebrows Among Opponents
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sotomayor's Body Guard's Shooting Raising Eyebrows Among Opponents Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
One of Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor's bodyguards discharged his weapon in an effort to stop a carjacking. While it appears that Sotomayor wasn't a target of anything, it's still amusing that an anti-gun justice has armed bodyguards, one of whom was involved in a defensive gun use.

Non Life-threatening scenario.

https://bearingarms.com/tomkni...e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8652 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Kinda hypocritical. Guns for me, no guns for thee.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7262 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Too bad she wasn’t involved. She may have learned something about the constitution trying to negotiate nicely with the carjacker.

A missed opportunity.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not just "bodyguards".

US Marshals.

The USMS provides security for federal judges, much like the Secret Service does for the President, the Diplomatic Security Service does for the Secretary of State and visiting foreign dignitaries, etc.

Some dumbass 18 year old tried to carjack a couple of federal agents in an unmarked car.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Was going to say if you point a gun at two U.S. Marshals, good chance you're going to get shot.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8868 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm torn and apparently have 3 hands:
  • On one hand, you deserve to get shot multiple times if you try to carjack somebody
  • On the other hand, you deserve to get shot multiple times if you point a gun at a LEO
  • On the other other hand, politicians and judges against the 2nd Amendment shouldn't have armed body guards especially ones that carry large capacity ammunition feeding devices (whomever coined that phrase should be beaten with a sack of doorknobs).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Political Cynic
    Picture of nhtagmember
    posted Hide Post
    I think the other other hand has the makings of an executive order.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:

• On the other other hand, politicians and judges against the 2nd Amendment shouldn't have armed body guards especially ones that carry large capacity ammunition feeding devices (whomever coined that phrase should be beaten with a sack of doorknobs)[/url].

• I believe that phrase was originated by Bill Gates. So feel free to use your sack of Doorknobs if you ever meet the man.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Main Thing Is
    Not To Get Excited
    Picture of wishfull thinker
    posted Hide Post
    I'll bet she didn't know that the nice young men sitting out in front of her house had...you know, those things. Nobody told her so it isn't her fault.

She should request a lawyer or maybe a couple of crossing guards to fend off rudeness as soon as she has the meany pants marshals redeployed to Adak

Posts: 6489 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Why the thug survived is the question I would like answered.

Agent did hit him in the face ... so there is that.

Posts: 363 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    "Some animals are more equal than others."

Posts: 733 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    She should have unarmed bodyguards. Walk the walk.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    delicately calloused
    Picture of darthfuster
    posted Hide Post
    I carry a gun because US marshals are too heavy.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    "Member"
    Picture of cas
    posted Hide Post
    It was just a car. No car is worth a human being's life. Wink

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Coin Sniper
    Picture of Rightwire
    posted Hide Post
    The article I read describes the incident as an 18 year old suspect exited a vehicle, approached a vehicle the Marshal was sitting in while on the protection detail, pointed a firearm at the Marshal and attempted to car jack him.

Everything that followed is expected. That Marshal fired as did a 2nd. This kid tried to cancel his ticket by carjacking federal officers on a protection detail.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38187 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post