SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Thunderstorm Thursday" Photo taken with Pentax K-1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Thunderstorm Thursday" Photo taken with Pentax K-1 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bendable, all of the Pentax bodies document the EXIF data as do most DSLR camera bodies.

can you write in the location as well?
somehow

example: mississippi river , Muscatine , Iowa, 4/19 /07 07:30

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I like how the street macadam appears to show lightning in the darkest part of it, kind of foreshadowing what might be coming. Very cool.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photo.

What brand of 10 stop ND did you use. I have color casting with the Cokin and HI-Tech. Or did you have to color correct in post?

Posts: 1074 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXLe:
Beautiful photo.

What brand of 10 stop ND did you use. I have color casting with the Cokin and HI-Tech. Or did you have to color correct in post?

[Pro]Master is the brand. I picked it up at a Shutterbug (small chain) photo store.

Bendable you can with some of the Pentax bodies have GPS data recorded in the EXIF data.

Posts: 3567 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice dynamic range, well done!

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lizardman_u, would you mind expressing why you chose a Pentax? I am very interested in the brand as they seem to be much more weather resistant than a Nikon or Canon. From what I've read they may lack a bit in wildlife photography (though, of course, this perception may be untrue).

Thanks,
Silent
BTW, nice shot!

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
Lizardman_u, would you mind expressing why you chose a Pentax? I am very interested in the brand as they seem to be much more weather resistant than a Nikon or Canon. From what I've read they may lack a bit in wildlife photography (though, of course, this perception may be untrue).

Thanks,
Silent
BTW, nice shot!

Pentax can use all of the lenses ever made by that company. Yes for the M-42 screw mount lenses I needed a $20.00 adapter, but those old lenses are excellent quality glass.

Also I was already invested in lenses that had a Pentax mount as I used to shoot Pentax film cameras, and this meant for me the initial investment to get into digital photography was just a camera body.

I have since purchased newer faster lenses, but my old manual Pentax lenses get used often.

As to Pentax lacking in the ability to capture wildlife I would have to say that I have captured Hummingbirds, raptors, and large mammals with ease using the right focal length lens.

I use a Sigma 50-500mm lens in the Pentax mount, and there are Sigma lenses in the 300 and 500mm focal lengths that rival any offering from Canon or Nikon, and Pentax has a 560mm lens (but it is a little slower than the Sigma 500mm).

Yes it is true that some companies don't make lenses in the Pentax mount, but that can be overcome by buying older lenses.

Canon changed their mount in 1984 so only the EOS system lenses will work with the Canon digital bodies.

And now that Pentax is in the full frame sensor game with the K-1 more lenses might become available as new production.

I also can use the Pentax medium format lenses on my Pentax DSLR bodies (yes an adaptor would be necessary if I had any of the medium format lenses, but I have been eyeballing a 600mm f4 Pentax lens that was made for the 6x7 bodies).

Posts: 3567 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks much for the very helpful info. I had not thought through the issue of lenses.

Appreciate your time.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I feel like I'm right there!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks much for the very helpful info. I had not thought through the issue of lenses.

Appreciate your time.

Silent

Anytime.

Remember other than the photographer the lens is the most important part in making an image. Even an 8mp body can produce very nice prints of 16x24 inches if the photographer has the skill and the lens used is of good quality.

6guns, Thank you. If you wanted to paint this I would be honored Smile

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:

Appreciate your time.

Silent

Anytime.

Remember other than the photographer the lens is the most important part in making an image. Even an 8mp body can produce very nice prints of 16x24 inches if the photographer has the skill and the lens used is of good quality.

6guns, Thank you. If you wanted to paint this I would be honored Smile

I can't tell you how hard it is for me to paint skies and this one is fantastic! I'd never do it justice! Thanks for thinking of me!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post