SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Father of 5, Open Border supporter, killed in crash by illegal alien with criminal record
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father of 5, Open Border supporter, killed in crash by illegal alien with criminal record Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Pictures of the victim, family, the accused, and comments can be found at the linked article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...iving-illegally.html

By SNEJANA FARBEROV FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 10:15 EDT, 9 August 2019 | UPDATED: 17:15 EDT, 9 August 2019

A staunch supporter of the rights of immigrants - and a married father of five - was killed last week when an illegal immigrant from El Salvador facing deportation crashed into his motorcycle in Colorado.

Sean Buchanan, 45, was driving northbound on Highway 83 on August 2 when Colorado State Patrol say a southbound truck operated by Miguel Ramirez Valiente went off the side of the road, then over-corrected into the wrong lane and crashed into Buchanan's bike, killing him.

Valiente, an undocumented immigrant who was slated for deportation eight months earlier, was charged with misdemeanor careless driving with a revoked license in the deadly accident.

In an ironic twist, Buchanan was known among friends a passionate advocate for all immigrants.

Officials do not suspect that drugs, alcohol or excessive speed played a role in the collision, reported The Colorado Springs Gazette.

Valiente has a criminal record in Colorado that includes a 2018 conviction for a DUI charge, which earned him a year's probation and the revocation of his license, and a guilty plea to a charge of reckless endangerment in a child neglect case.

On August 1, less than 24 hours before the deadly crash that killed Buchanan, Valiente's probation was extended because he had failed to complete his court-ordered treatment program and community service.

He made national headlines in January when he sought sanctuary at All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church in January to avoid deportation to El Salvador during the federal government shutdown.

'I can’t be separated from them,' he said at a press conference at the time, according to The Denver Channel. 'I have always worked hard to support my family, and they depend on me.'

But according to a close acquaintance of Valiente's speaking to The Denver Channel on condition of anonymity, the reality of his life was far from the public image he had sought to create.

'This family deserves to know who they’re dealing with,' she said. 'He's an alcoholic and an abuser.'

The woman argued that the fatal accident that took Buchanan's life could have been prevented, especially given Valiente's history of run-ins with the law.

'My personal opinion is that we don’t do enough to stop this kind of thing because it could have been stopped,' she said. 'You’re here and you’re a hard worker and you’re not causing trouble and doing bad things, that’s fine, but he had already been in trouble, several times, and now we have a death because of it.'

Buchanan had just started a new job in communications. His wife of 16 years, Kathy Wierenga Buchanan, is the author of The Brio series of books for teenage girls, and a writer and director for Adventures in Odyssey, an Evangelical Christian radio show produced by the conservative organization Focus on the Family.

The Buchanans have five children: daughters Jasyln, 15, Maleah, 12 and Bella, 10, and two sons they adopted from Burundi, eight-year-old Michla and six-year-old Divin.

The family were in the process of moving from Colorado Springs to Castle Rock, where they had bought a new home to 'start a new chapter of their life,' according the description of a GoFundMe campaign launched by a friend in the wake of Buchanan's death.

As of Friday morning, the online fundraiser organized for the Buchanan family has drawn more than $72,000.

On the morning of the crash, Sean and Kathy were planning to go for a drive to the new house together, by at the last moment he decided to drop off his motorcycle at in preparation for the big move.

So he and his wife split, up, with Sean driving his bike on Highway 83 and Kathy taking Interstate 25. They were supposed to meet up at their new address in Castle Rock and later return to Colorado Springs together, but Sean never made it.

Kathy said as she was driving, she saw emergency vehicle lights, an overturned truck and her husband's bike.

The tragic irony of what happened is not lost on those who knew Sean Buchanan and his pro-immigration stance.

'Sean was an advocate for people who were trying to get into our country. He was a huge advocate,' family friend Amy Savage said. 'He just was a man who loved and accepted everyone.'

In a Facebook status update announcing a celebration of life service for her late husband, his wife Kathy asked people to donate to Casa de Paz, an organization in Aurora that provides shelter, meals, access to phones and transportation to families separated by immigrant detention.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep

Childish fantasy meets stark reality

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a Facebook status update announcing a celebration of life service for her late husband, his wife Kathy asked people to donate to Casa de Paz, an organization in Aurora that provides shelter, meals, access to phones and transportation to families separated by immigrant detention.

There goes any sympathy from me to this idiots wife.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
There's getting mugged by reality...then there's this.

And it doesn't seem that anyone has learned any lessons:

"In a Facebook status update announcing a celebration of life service for her late husband, his wife Kathy asked people to donate to Casa de Paz, an organization in Aurora that provides shelter, meals, access to phones and transportation to families separated by immigrant detention."

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the kids

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
You can’t fix stupid.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Reap what you sow.
I can't gather any sympathy for morons any more.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Quote from a different article:
"Thursday, Buchanan’s family and friends lamented the circumstances of his death. Savage said Buchanan “would hate” it if his death was used to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment."

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

and...
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
"Thursday, Buchanan’s family and friends lamented the circumstances of his death. Savage said Buchanan “would hate” it if his death was used to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment."

I feel bad for the children--both for losing their father and for being raised by such blazing idiots.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can't fix stupid, but you can hit the OFF switch.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Valiente, an undocumented immigrant who was slated for deportation eight months earlier, was charged with misdemeanor careless driving with a revoked license in the deadly accident.

So much wrong here.

Slated for DEPORTATION eight months earlier.
MISDEMEANOR careless driving with a revoked license (that caused death)

From a KOAA news report:“Most of time we do not arrest on a fatality accident, unless there is a high risk of intoxication, because at that moment we are not sure of charge," Master Trooper Gary Cutler said. "We continue the investigation, and then submit the investigation to D.A.'s office with recommendations, and the D.A. is who actually files the charges on that."

I'm not an attorney but a quick read of Colorado traffic laws it appears that Colorado law supports the above charge, reckless driving seems to be a higher degree of wanton disregard for the safety of others though.

So for lack of a better statement, he will get a slap on the wrist for killing because he was behind the wheel.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8106 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

and...
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

I feel bad for the children--both for losing their father and for being raised by such blazing idiots.

Sadly, they more than likely have been brainwashed.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can get being all soft on the illegals who work hard, keep their heads down and don't break any other laws (aside from related to their immigration status.)

I'm fine with these people being the last deportation priority since we can't physically "round everyone up."

What boggles my mind is the not just tolerance, but cities and basically all the Dems going out of their way to protect the illegals with criminal records.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Talk about the Karma hammer....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

So much wrong here.

Slated for DEPORTATION eight months earlier.
MISDEMEANOR careless driving with a revoked license (that caused death)

From a KOAA news report:“Most of time we do not arrest on a fatality accident, unless there is a high risk of intoxication, because at that moment we are not sure of charge," Master Trooper Gary Cutler said. "We continue the investigation, and then submit the investigation to D.A.'s office with recommendations, and the D.A. is who actually files the charges on that."

I'm not an attorney but a quick read of Colorado traffic laws it appears that Colorado law supports the above charge, reckless driving seems to be a higher degree of wanton disregard for the safety of others though.

So for lack of a better statement, he will get a slap on the wrist for killing because he was behind the wheel.

Bingo! Your comments are along one of the points I take from this story.

I absolutely disagree with the parent's support of illegal aliens entering the U.S., and while it may have indirectly contributed to his death, I see a lot of blame to go around here, that goes beyond the parent's position.

A local church offered sanctuary to an illegal alien with a criminal record...months before he kills a man. A DA opted to dismiss Domestic Violence charges against the illegal alien years earlier. The accused received probation for a DUI, and not 24 hours before the fatal accident his probation was extended for failing to complete his court ordered treatment.

According to the articles I've read, the illegal alien's neighbors knew about his criminal and abusive behavior...and yet he received dismissals and probations from those in the judicial system...and while I don't know the specific facts surrounding his other charges, I suspect that most legal residents would have received far harsher treatment under the law.

This pattern seems to be repeated in various reported incidents. Whether the Parkland shooting or examples of illegal aliens committing crimes...legislators hop onto the soapbox and jump up and down in the spotlight while screaming about what new laws need to be passed, the laws get passed, and then we start to see the gaps in which the very laws that were purported to be so vital to maintaining the peace are then arbitrarily applied and we see entire groups of criminals get a pass right through the legal system.

There is a systemic failure in the legal system when laws are passed and then exemptions are granted based solely on whether the criminal is a legal citizen, or a "minority", or part of a de facto 'protected' class.

My heart goes out to the family and children, including the recently adopted children...but this death, as with so many others, was preventable if laws already in place were enforced.

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Karma, she is a ruthless bitch devoid of pity. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can't be true

i've been told they come in peace only seeking a better life

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you wish for .....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
More blood on democrat hands!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post