SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Italian hiker with frostbite, 4 others rescued in Alaska after trekking to 'Into the Wild' bus: officials
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Italian hiker with frostbite, 4 others rescued in Alaska after trekking to 'Into the Wild' bus: officials Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
More Doosh Kiltman!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Long Before the “Into the Wild” Bus Became a Tourist Deathtrap, It Was My Dad’s Hunting Camp

The “magic bus” was a well-known hunting camp used by many Alaskans. A trip to the museum where it’s being restored helped my family revisit a piece of our past

BY TYLER FREEL | PUBLISHED NOV 23, 2022 2:32 PM

STEPPING INTO THE BUS for the first time is a powerful experience. That’s not because I’m on a spiritual journey, or feeling the aura left by a man who slowly starved to death inside it. Yes, I’d read about Chris McCandless’s unfortunate demise and watched the movie. But I’ve heard more stories about this place from my dad and his brother. Watching them set foot inside their old hunting camp for the first time in 50 years is like seeing a piece of their history for myself. Although they last visited the bus when it was 40 miles in the bush outside Fairbanks, its new location at the University of Alaska Fairbanks’ engineering building doesn’t stop their memories from flooding back...

Complete article with several photos:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ing-camp/ar-AA14thr0

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
How about they just remove the bus?

Leave it. Let the gene pool thin it self out.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I say leave it out there, it's a magnet for fucktards, Darwinism in action.

I agree with this.

There are some incredibly beautiful places in Alaska. If some f-turd chooses to make the trek to this bus so be it. If they don't understand what they are doing so be it.

Agree. Let Darwin act.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It's been gone for over 2 years, and was even noted earlier in this thread.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Great idea! Let's all go get stranded and die from exposure/starvation by going on a pilgrimage to that place where that other guy got stranded and died from exposure/starvation that other time.

Good clarification. NOW it makes sense. Geez o petes.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8635 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
How about they just remove the bus?

Torch it. No wait, that might bring MORE morons.

Posts: 8635 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I saw the movie. it was beyond depressing.

posted Hide Post
Move it 10 miles further out

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post