SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Awesome - '87 Buick Grand National w/ 56 miles...first wash in 34 years.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome - '87 Buick Grand National w/ 56 miles...first wash in 34 years. Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
Sales/infomercial aside, pretty awesome Cool ...he attempts to start at the end (no spoilers)...

Merry Xmas!!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IN6Qru30L4

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
What does one of those in that condition go for? We are talking over $100K, right?

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are several ultra low miles GNs that have sold on Bring a Trailer:
https://bringatrailer.com/buick/grand-national/

I see:
106 miles @ $54k
924 miles @ $84k
200 miles @ $150k (reserve not met)
3,000 miles @ $83k
34 miles @ 50k (reserve not met)
500 miles @ $130k
27 miles @ $105k
8 miles at $200k

Those cars by and large were all cleaned up for sale. I didn't dig into the auctions to see conditions and options that might impact values.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful car! I've always love the BGN!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I respect this for what it is, but man, seeing that reminds me how bad 1980s American cars were.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Drove a friend’s once in ‘87. It was interesting for the time. It sucked in every way compared to cars only 10 years later.

Loved it! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12431 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

I see:
106 miles @ $54k
924 miles @ $84k
3,000 miles @ $83k
500 miles @ $130k
27 miles @ $105k
8 miles at $200k

Those cars by and large were all cleaned up for sale. I didn't dig into the auctions to see conditions and options that might impact values.

27 Miles? 34 Miles? What'd they do, drive it home and put it in the garage for 30+ years? Ugh, I may not have 'drove it like I stole it,' but I couldn't NOT drive it on nice sunny weekends.

In any event, the wash/detail came out pretty nice. They really had to 'thread the needle' down that alleyway getting it out.

$.02 Worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. I've always like GN's and the mid-90's 7th Gen Impala SS

2. I need to up my wash and detail game.

Posts: 14669 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

I see:
106 miles @ $54k
924 miles @ $84k
3,000 miles @ $83k
500 miles @ $130k
27 miles @ $105k
8 miles at $200k

Wow! Mullets with dough.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I respect this for what it is, but man, seeing that reminds me how bad 1980s American cars were.

The Grand National is a true sleeper. So many people got owned lining up next to one thinking it was an 80s piece of crap only to see its taillights in less than 10 seconds.

Posts: 823 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
^^^

They definitely punch above their weight. Heck, my mom had an 83 LeSabre (quite a bit larger than a GNX) with the NA 3.8, and it was amazing how much get up and go it had.

There are people that modify GNXs with very large twin turbo setups that produce insane amounts of HP.

Pretty cool car that weighs almost 4k pounds, with a V6!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

That's how they were able to hand-push/muscle it up on the trailer... everything isn't a plastic covered facia. Cool

$.02 worth
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not for sale, but my brother has one since new,
8000 miles.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Only car from the 80s I would like to have today.

I think I started a thread one time here about how few 80s cars would become classic.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

I would be surprised if they weighed almost 4000lbs since the safety standards and tech is what has made current cars so heavy

Definitely cool cars for the times but just shows how far cars have come. These where thought to have crazy power at the time and an average midsize sedan has more now. The did make some great torque because of the turbo for sure.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That detail job was pretty nice.

30k was some serious scratch in 87. Probly not too many new cars were priced over that right ? Maybe a fully optioned corvette or Cadillac

I never understood the guys that would buy a new car and then stick it in a garage and never drive it. But not my money.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always liked that car, but out of reach for a freshly graduated Spartan with student loans and a new wife.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
One of my personal favorites. I'd love to have been able to buy one when I was in the service, the E-1 financing and up thing would have broken the bank account then, so I passed on the car.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post