SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to buy a 7 year old boy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to buy a 7 year old boy Login/Join 
posted
I'm participating in a effort called, Angel Tree, that provides Christmas gifts to children whose parents are in prison. I'm single male, over 60 and I've never had children so I'm not sure what gift I should buy a 7 year old boy. For those members with kids I need your advice on what type of gift to buy, budget is approximately 50 dollars and I need to buy a minimum of two gifts. Thanks

Posts: 1631 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong working Legos into the mix. At least not with any of my grandchildren.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lego, hard to go wrong there.
Did they give a clothing need? Maybe Lego & something clothing?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15376 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Here is a link for a well built puzzle from Amazon. If the child likes such. My youngest grandson is that age and loves these type of wood cut puzzles . He has pretty much memorized all the states and where they are from a USA one.

“””””LINK””””””

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
https://www.crunchlabs.com/

Mark Rober

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Also they love electric toys got the young one this little robot for Christmas this year. Also from Amazon.

“”””””””LINK “”””””””

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Another vote for Lego, hard to go wrong there.
Did they give a clothing need? Maybe Lego & something clothing?

Lego is definitely a possibility and great idea.

Posts: 1631 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Legos or a bicycle

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Pokémon cards, they come in ten packs at target. Get three or four, or you can grab a whole startup pack for $40… has everything he would need to play

7 is the age my boy started with them

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in the stock.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a football is my go to gift every year for the Angel Tree thing we do in my office

Posts: 552 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Books.

Posts: 9482 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to say a puppy! Probably not a good idea.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Legos, hot wheels, remote controlled cars, etc.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ball and glove.

Posts: 3600 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
My boy is 7 right now...

Legos, Nerf (nerf style), Pokemon cards, sports equipment, anything remote controlled. Those are what he loves in no particular order.

$30 bought him a very fun belt fed nerf style gun on Amazon. 40 round capacity if you link the 2 20-round chains together, fully automatic, and the SOB shoots pretty hard too.

Posts: 6382 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I have a 10y.o. These are all good suggestions.
A nerf gun (with simple safety glasses), Pokémon cards, a football, Minecraft (does he read yet) guide…
Did you get any indications of his likes or hobbies? A bike would be awesome but you’d also need a helmet, and if he doesn’t ride… that’s a lot. The gun and the football are easy picks, but Pokémon is pretty popular now. Good luck, and thank you for gifting this child.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5349 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company gift wrapped close to 100 shoeboxes full of assorted gifts for the ‘less fortunate’ children in our area through the Holiday Hope Chest Program.

Most of the gifts were items that one would find in a “Five Below” type of store.

Maybe spend half the money on a cool gift like a Lego set or a Nerf Gun as has been suggested, and the other half or so on more practical gifts.

Some of the items that we boxed up were -

headphones
ear buds
charging cables
school supplies
socks
winter gloves and hats
card games
led strip lighting
coloring books / crayons
flashlights
etc.

Here is a link to their suggested and age-appropriate gift list -

https://volunteerlv.egnyte.com/dl/mek2Q3lIqc

Although most of us are not present when the gifts are distributed and opened some of our executives are and they say that the kids LOVE this stuff.

It saddens me in a way to think that a box of ‘low end’ stuff from Five Below can make someone so very happy.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As usual the members of this forum come through with great gift ideas and suggestions. Thanks

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

led strip lighting

https://www.amazon.com/Tenmiro...ps%2C188&sr=8-5&th=1
Get a couple of these. Great for both genders, and even older kids.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post