SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Getting Hearing Aids from the VA.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Hearing Aids from the VA. Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted
Got some good news from the VA. I have a appointment Aug. 29 to get some hearing aids. I hope they help my hearing and give me some of what I used to hear back or at least help me understand what people are telling me and not be embarrassed to join in conversations with people. I was service connected for Tinnitus and Hearing loss a few weeks ago and I'm excited to get them and see how my hearing might improve. Only been out of the Army since 1974 I guess I should have started earlier.

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Youll love them, I forgot what birds sounded like.
The VA does an excellent job with their hearing test, I have mine checked evry year.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received mine yesterday. They will take some adjusting to the "new" noises. They will also sound tinny while you adjust to them. Mine can be controlled by an App on my smartphone. You can also stream music from your phone through them. I think I'm going to love them. There is also an App that helps with Tinnitus. I have Resound Linx 2, and also the phone clip remote. Our local VA was awesome to deal with...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
I have a boss who has hearing aids he can control thru his phone and play music. When we're in a meeting and I see him smiling, I know he's listening to music.

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvyhawler:
I just received mine yesterday. They will take some adjusting to the "new" noises. They will also sound tinny while you adjust to them. Mine can be controlled by an App on my smartphone. You can also stream music from your phone through them. I think I'm going to love them. There is also an App that helps with Tinnitus. I have Resound Linx 2, and also the phone clip remote. Our local VA was awesome to deal with...

I think that's the same one she's getting for me. She said Resound and the app on my iphone.

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only problem I can see with them is, I work shift work, in a noisy environment so I have to wear ear plugs. When I get home I have to wear ear plugs to sleep ( only on nights). So for roughly 14 hours a day I have plugs in. So I can see me not using them when I'm on night shift. Have to give the ears a little time to get air in them, and nothing rubbing in the ear canal, the pressure from the plugs alone can be bothersome...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post