SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help me find an item: Wide Mop w/ Disposable Pads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me find an item: Wide Mop w/ Disposable Pads Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Need something a little better for cleaning the mats at the dojo.

What I'm looking for is:
-> A wide head mop
-> Say around 3 feet / 36 inches in width.
-> Disposable cloth mop heads
-> If on amazon and cheap. Even better.

I see a ton of wrestling mat mops & tatami mat mops. But they've all got microfiber heads. We don't really like the idea of taking them home & having to wash / dry them. So hoping to find a solution where we can just strip off the dirty mop head pad & toss it after a few uses.

Thanks!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8857 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Euroclean Dust Magnet

These are basically giant swiffers. They sound like they would work really well for what you're describing.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you could make do with a smaller one, the Swiffer XL is 18 inches (1.5 feet) wide, and it uses disposable pads - either wet for mopping or dry for dusting.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the mats made of?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54698 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The U of Iowa must have 2 acres of mats that they clean .
Ring up your local collage and see what they recommend

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54698 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
What are the mats made of?

Traditional Tatami Grappling mats. Brazilian jiu-jitsu mats. They are a dense foam core with a synthetic cover texture that resembles traditional Japanese tatami mats. If you get super close they almost look like tiny fish gills on the texture.

But water proof and easy to clean off.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8857 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Euroclean Dust Magnet

These are basically giant swiffers. They sound like they would work really well for what you're describing.

Looks to be made for dry mop / sweeping. It might work for wet mop. But looking for something ideally made for wet mop.

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Euroclean Dust Magnet

Looks to be made for dry mop / sweeping. It might work for wet mop. But looking for something ideally made for wet mop.

Oh yeah, sorry. 100% wouldn't work as a wet mop.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Maybe something like this from McMaster-Carr?
https://www.mcmaster.com/7305T38/

or one of these?
https://www.mcmaster.com/produ...isposable-mop-heads/

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you could make do with a smaller one, the Swiffer XL is 18 inches (1.5 feet) wide, and it uses disposable pads - either wet for mopping or dry for dusting.

I think this might be the best bang for the buck. Versus some of the more expensive options. $20 for a complete mop and can use a big carton of the dry heads for super cheap.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Maybe https://donaslett.com/products...riant=40166266699842

They have the handle etc. 24”

More damp mop than wet mop but worth a look. They make a box size to cut to length it looks like too.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post