SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two Miami-Dade Police Officers ambushed (survived)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Miami-Dade Police Officers ambushed (survived) Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Several people have been detained after an ambush that targeted two Miami-Dade police officers, officials announced Tuesday.

It was not immediately clear if the people detained were part of a group a six that police were hunting early Tuesday in connection to the attack. Police also released photos of the bullet-riddled van.

The officers – who were ambushed as they sat in the unmarked vehicle – were identified by Miami-Dade police as Terence White, a 26-year veteran on the force, and Charles Woods, an 11-year veteran, WSVN reported.

A responding officer rushed both men to a nearby hospital. Woods was released Tuesday morning from Jackson Memorial Hospital while White remained there in stable condition.

“All I hear is bloom, bloom, bloom, bloom,” Michelle Brown, a witness who heard the gunshots, told WSVN. “Ever since last week, all I’ve been hearing is gunshots. Tonight, I heard it like it was out my back door.”

The shooting unfolded at around 10 p.m. in Brownsville. The officers were on gang detail, The Miami Herald reported. The detectives were part of the Homicide Task Force-Gang Unit and were assisting other officers in a city-wide sweep.

“They were outnumbered and outgunned. God was watching over them tonight,’’ John Rivera, Miami-Dade union president, said.

Footage from WSVN-TV showed the officers walking into the emergency room at Jackson Memorial Hospital supported by fellow officers.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez called on the community for help in arresting the suspects.

“If they're brazen enough to shoot at and try to kill police officers, they'll shoot at others. They don't deserve to belong on the streets in our community," he said.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Fuckit. Lets give these guys up armored humvees with something belt fed up top. Tired of hearing about officers getting ambushed.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Pretty much every surveillance unit's worst nightmare. I've cringed many times thinking it was coming.

Good thinking on the officers that drove them straight to the hospital. May have saved their lives.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder what 'gave away' their position.

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post