SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toyota Tundra park brake question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toyota Tundra park brake question? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I have a 2010 Tundra and needed to adjust the park brake as it goes to the floor. Drum in rotor on each rear disc brake. I had the brakes done by a shop but none of the shops I’ve used ever reset the park brake after they back it off to get the rotors off.

Per the instructions, I’ve adjusted the star wheel. Now the park brake engages about half way like it’s supposed to.

My question is, would that also firm up the brake pedal? My brake pedal seems to engage sooner in the travel, which I like, it was a little low before.

Truck isn’t driven much so I’ll probably put new OEM pads on again as the backing plates and squeal tab is pretty rusty and cruddy looking.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8368 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
My question is, would that also firm up the brake pedal?

Theoretically, no. It would on a drum brake, but not on a disc brake with "drum-in-a-hat" park brake. Two separate systems. But take yes for an answer.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to do this on my ‘07, at about 14:20 in this video, there is a cable adjuster that can be tightened. This will tighten it up.

https://youtu.be/p19-geSIkq4?si=5d8B8-NjXx0mcimE

Posts: 3648 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post