SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you sleep?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you sleep? Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
Mrs. Angus and I must have a noise fan. Preferably a large box fan.

Question:
Simple enough, what is your preferred noise level when you sleep?

Choices:
Complete silence
Noise fan
White noise app or such thing
Television on (background noise level)
Music on (background noise level)
Television or music blaring!

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find 'Poodle snoring' on you list. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nor CPAP machine function noise.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm not firmly in any of the categories.

I set the TV on sleep time and fall asleep with the TV on. However, I cannot stay asleep with the TV on as inevitably some insanely loud or bright commercial will wake me up. That's where the sleep time come in handy.

The cat snores part of the night so it's not silent either once the sleep time kicks in.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Basically need a circulating fan on, but I often play Youtube videos for an hour or two. Usually religious testimonials. Really!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Not as well as I used to.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Complete silence, ear plugs help.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Choices: ✓ None of the above

Open window == bugs+peepers+owl+occasional auto driving by+snoring dog, sleep like a baby. I don't sleep nearly as well when we need A/C or heat and have to close the window.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One eye open.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
One eye open.

Gripping your pillow tight? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gripping your pillow tight?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No my loaded pistola.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Nor CPAP machine function noise.

This includes me!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ceiling fan, white noise machine set to rainfall...and freedom ringing in my ears.

And cold, gotta be cold

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Choices: ✓ None of the above

Open window == bugs+peepers+owl+occasional auto driving by+snoring dog, sleep like a baby. I don't sleep nearly as well when we need A/C or heat and have to close the window.

This. Plus one leg out from under the covers.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
TV on and moderate sound level
Overhead lights on, dimmed
6 cats coming and going over my body
In my recliner at half-recline, legs on pillows
Usually dressed (shoes at least)
Room cool (65-70), light stirring of air

I typically sleep in 3-5 hour chunks, interrupted by toilet needs. I get naps during the day if I need more sleep. (Being retired helps.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a cat stuffed under the blankets. Yoop winters are cold and the purring relaxes me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Our TV evolves around the TNT Series channel playing the CSI franchises over and over most of the day.
So basically, we can sleep through Roger Daltrey´s screams with little trouble. We are slightly annoyed by the CSI Miami intro and almost hate Horatio Caine with passion but otherwise I´ve been a huge fan of the Who in younger days. We won´t get fooled again, Baba O´riley and Who are you? are my sleeping lullabys Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Gripping your pillow tight?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No my loaded pistola.

You completely missed an awesome Metallica reference.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Big Grin

Balzé nailed it!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Last night I dreamed that I ate a giant marshmallow, when I woke up this morning I couldn't find my pillow anywhere!?

More seriously and paradoxically, I can fall asleep if the tv or radio is playing and the light is on. But if it is dark then the radio or tv keeps me awake. The best sleep aid? A textbook of matrix algebra.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post