SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Monday Morning Quote of the Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Quote of the Week Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
• Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you. Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you – Unknown

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Great quote.

It sounds like a good bookend for “Be done speaking before your audience is done listening.”

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
It sure does sportshooter! Love yours as well so consider it stolen Smile

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Thank you for continuing to share these.

Read this in a book recently. Not sure if attribution should go to the author or the character:
“Whether I am optimistic or pessimistic does not change the outcome. But it makes me feel better to remain optimistic until everything is decided.”

Liked it enough to save it though...

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Very good advice. Not always easy to accomplish.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both good and worth noting or remembering.

I especially appreciate things well said but brief. The following example -

Being a Navy vet, this gets attributed to Gibbs on NCIS -

“If you’re not early you’re late”.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
My favorite way to start speaking (to a crowd) is "I'll be brief", then do it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post